bearly believeable

Started by Texas Ranger, June 11, 2002, 04:02:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

A 12 foot bear, killed in self defence

A heck of cup to dip this bear claw.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

CHARLIE

Now that's a big bear! :o  Did they say why the bear attacked? Food?.....cubs???

Some policeman shot a cougar up around the middle of Minnesota last week.  They said it was laying next to a hiking trail and they weren't sure what it was up to. So they shot it. The DNR (Dept of Natural Resources is investigating, but it doesn't do the cat any good).
Charlie
"Everybody was gone when I arrived but I decided to stick around until I could figure out why I was there !"

woodman

12 feet is that on 2 or 4 paws i know things are big in texas.
Jim Cripanuk

Tom

I've heard of a two headed cow.......but a twelve footed bear?

DanG

What's "bearly believable?" The size of the bear, or the "self-defense" part"?  :D

I gotta say, though, that's one big ol' bar!
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

WV_hillbilly

Hi Don,

Where did they kill that beast at? That is one big bear. It seems like when I go hunting them , all I see are 200 pounders.The biggest one I've ever seen dead was about 600 lbs. :o
Hillbilly

Texas Ranger

For enlarged pictures go here.

http://www.tsrapac.org/BFB.htm

A guy working for the forest service in Alaska was deer hunting with his 7  mm Mag.  semi when this thing charged him from 50 yards.  Gave him a full  clip and then had to pop him one in the head after reloading to finish the  job.  It was a world record at 12' 6" at the shoulder and 1,600 lbs.   Supposedly when erect it would be on eye level with the roof of a single > story house.  Needless to say the game department did not allow him to keep > the trophy.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Ron Wenrich

Hey hilbilly:

The record bear for West Virginia was 750 lbs.  Too bad it was shot in Pennsylvania, out of season, and transported and tagged in WV.  Some people will do anything for a record.
Never under estimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Thank You Sponsors!