iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Searching for 48" .404" pitch bar for 090 style chainsaw!

Started by Dan Wilson, September 21, 2019, 08:41:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan Wilson

I am a new member searching for a 48" .404" pitch bar for a 090 style chainsaw!
I run a Yuzhoukee YZ105 which is a 105cc saw with a Granburg type chainsaw sawmill!
The mill has a capacity up to 48" and I would like to increase my capacity from 41" Stihl bar to 48" in order
 for processing larger diameter pine and oak logs!
In addition I would like information on a source for a true 48" ripping chain that also supplies drive links and
 master links for sale as well!
I am located in Southeast Texas looking for local or ONLINE vendors.
Any and all information will be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,
Dan

Brad_bb

You have the answer- Granberg!  They have the bars and rip chains.  

I bought my 090 and it had the original 56" bar from Granberg (late 70's or early 80's model).  The saw and bar were for 1/2" .058 chain, which is no longer available.  So I found a guy to grind the groove on my bar open to .063 and I bought .404 .063 rip chain from Granberg.  I also had to change the drive sprocket on the 090 to .404.   Sprockets are still available from Stihl.  

My bar is starting to show signs of wear, and pretty soon I'm going to have to break down and buy a new bar from Granberg (I've done 10 or so big logs, and I'll probably get a couple more out of it).

I don't know how your mill is designed so I don't know if you have a second mounting hole towards the tip?  On mine, I can only use a 56" bar.  The bracketry on the mill won't allow any wider throat opening.  With the 56" bar, I can mill up to about 50 inches wide.  The remaining length is used for the helper handle.
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

Dan Wilson

Thanks I greatly appreciate the information!
Have a great day and enjoy the rest of the weekend!
I have been using a machinist friend to mill an extended slot and second
set of holes in my Stihl  bars(36"+41").
My sawmill will handle a 48" bar, which I want to be my next upgrade!

Thanks again
Dan

Brad_bb

It's never long enough.  I thought the 56 would be plenty for me, but then I come across big logs that are just a bit more than the 50 inches.  I had to trim them to get the mill past.  Wish I had a 66" mill/bar.  
Anything someone can design, I can sure figure out how to fix!
If I say it\\\\\\\'s going to take so long, multiply that by at least 3!

moodnacreek

That style bar mount is called big stihl. We have that style on the processor and an 0ld 075. [ 25" and 46"]

Thank You Sponsors!