iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I have a problem problem starting Stihl ms290 chainsaw

Started by bardos, May 07, 2015, 05:40:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bardos

I've had this problem for a while now, even brought it into the shop to fix, but still happening.

After I use my chainsaw, the next day it will not start up. I was advised that to cure this problem I should empty the fuel tank when I am finished for the day and then start it up to run out the fuel. I have done this and avoided the problem, filling it up just before using it.

Yesterday I did not empty the remaining fuel, knowing that I would be using it the next day. (Today) I know that a normal chainsaw does not need this type of care.

Anyway , it did not start this morning. Smell of gasoline and thus it looks like it floods easily.

So, what problem is it that the chainsaw has? I would like to fix it,

thank you

ladylake

Most likely the needle valve is letting some fuel in overnight either from some dirt in it or maybe a stiff diaphragm holding it down. Take it back to the shop and have them fix it right or put in a carb kit yourself.   Steve
Timberking B20  18000  hours +  Case75xt grapple + forks+8" snow bucket + dirt bucket   770 Oliver   Lots(too many) of chainsaws, Like the Echo saws and the Stihl and Husky     W5  Case loader   1  trailers  Wright sharpener     Suffolk  setter Volvo MCT125c skid loader

dougand3

+1 on ladylake. AfterMarket carbs are cheap, too. $8-$15 on fleabay.
Husky: 372xt, 272xp, 61, 55 (x3)...Poulan: 315, 4218 (x3), 2375, 2150, 2055, 2000 (x3)...Stihl 011AVT...Homelite XL...Saws come in broken, get fixed or parted, find new homes

GAB

To avoid these type of problems I use 93 octane gas without ethanol.
Also, if your gas is more than two months old that could be your problem.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Thank You Sponsors!