iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

No Uncles.....ALL ANTS.

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, May 11, 2013, 08:56:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WDH

David,

Starch is in potatoes, and potatoes fried is food, so starch is food. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Al_Smith

Quote from: Magicman on May 12, 2013, 03:57:42 PM
There will normally be several queens which you can easily identify by their size and color.
Now that's interesting .Along a few years back I tripped a 100 foot ash in the woods which I first topped because of three nice walnuts I didn't want to harm with the fall .

So they I was 65 feet in the air in a bucket truck blowing about 30 feet out of the top and cut into a colony of biting ants,nasty little rascals .It wasn't like I could go any place except jump out .I'm some dumb not plum dumb .

So ant bitten from the ordeal I felled the spar and danged if the bottom didn't have a colony of big black carpenter ants .Now I would not have thought two different species of ants would be in the same tree.

5quarter

David...I thought all theads eventually turned to ironing.  ;)
What is this leisure time of which you speak?
Blue Harbor Refinishing

redbeard

ant attack on this day and they one!
Whidbey Woodworks and Custom Milling  2019 Cooks AC 3662T High production band mill and a Hud-son 60 Diesel wide cut bandmill  JD 2240 50hp Tractor with 145 loader IR 1044 all terrain fork lift  Cooks sharp

barbender

Antie Poston, that has kind of a ring to it ;D
Too many irons in the fire

Satamax

Hey guys, do you have any of thoses in the states

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Formica_rufa

Then ones we have here are even bigger, sometimes a good half inch or a smidge more. May be 5/8 for the bigger ones.
French CD4 sawmill. Latil TL 73. Self moving hydraulic crane. Iveco daily 4x4 lwb dead as of 06/2020. Replaced by a Brimont TL80 CSA.

Magicman

I hope not.  We gotta enough ah ants.  :-\
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Dave Shepard

Did you have any 70 mph half ants?
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Jim_Wahl

The reason they hide in cedars is because they think that is the last place you will look for them.
And, they are usually right.
1997 Peterson 9" WPF since 1998
2004 Baker 3667D since 2014
Cooks Catclaw sharpener and setter

I am from Iowa, but I seem fine.

Al_Smith

You want to wipe them out ,sure fired cure .Hose the stack down with Sevin from a water applicator .Done did that ,antless.

Thank You Sponsors!