iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

g matic 119

Started by coxy, May 06, 2018, 10:43:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

coxy

blues again and again   a  year or so ago i rebuilt the winch everything including the drum  my side cover was wore where it went over the bearing and i shimmed it and every few weeks i had to change the shim no big deal then i found another cover and put it on didn't use the skidder for about 4-5 months when i started using it the winch had trouble releasing only with a load on it  had to winch in then quick release it didn't think much of it but it has been getting worse by the day so today i worked on it most of the day i put the new pucks in for the dog bone pins what a pita it was getting them out  left the cover off would winch the front wheels off the ground and release great  8) put the cover back on and nothing would stick so i loosened all the bolts on the cover about 1/8in and it would release just fine called a friend that called a friend and he asked what winch i had and what cover i was using told him the cover was off a 19 said that was the problem the 119 and 19 covers are different the 19 is a sealed winch and the 119 isn't  the 19 winch calls for a gasket and the gasket is a shim to keep the cover from binding the brake bands the ridge on the cover is longer than the one on the 119 because it not a sealed winch  we took the cover off a spare 119 winch he had and bam it works just fine made 2 skids of logs and no trouble so now i have to make a thick gasket to make my cover work   has anyone else had this trouble     sorry for the long post 

mike_belben

You guys and your winch problems make me not want one of those things. I have enough trouble already!
Praise The Lord

Oliver05262

Coxy, take a breath, man.
Oliver Durand
"You can't do wrong by doing good"
It's OK to cry.
I never did say goodby to my invisible friend.
"I woke up still not dead again today" Willy
Don't use force-get a bigger hammer.

longtime lurker

Buy the gasket. Then buy the other handful of seals you need to turn a 119 into a 19.

Everyone that ever complains about a gearmatic sticking when not in use has a 119. it takes like a whole $20 worth of bits and a couple hours to convert it into a 19 and - problem solved. Sealed winches dont suck in the moisture that creates rust to bind things. I can park mine up in the bush for months and come back and no worries... some guys have troubles if they shut it down friday and start monday.
The quickest way to make a million dollars with a sawmill is to start with two million.

coxy

i don't have a good drum for a 19 or a spool  the 119 drum and cable spool are all in one a little over a year ago i spent 2k on a new drum for the 119  but ya i know what your saying   but to get a good 19 winch that the dog bone holes in the winch case aren't wore out oblong is impossible at least the 119 you can put in the new pucks  

Thank You Sponsors!