iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

hyd clutch

Started by drlewis, November 20, 2014, 04:17:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

drlewis

has anyone replace there clutch linkage with a hyd set up . have of  joint pain in left foot and knee , thought this would be easyer to work. its a c4 with a 3.9 cummins with a BW trans, any help would be great thanks dan

SliverPicker

I think you might have better results by getting rid of the clutch bushing/shaft set up and put some bearings in there to decrease friction.  Other wise the only way to decrease the pressure required to push the clutch is to increase the pedal travel and that might be even worse on your knee.
Yooper by trade.

lopet

I 'v  never done something like that but I am sure it's doable.  My big old tractor has some kind off hydraulic assistant to  put the clutch in, but I actually never really looked at it closely because I only put about 100 hrs or less on a year. I have to check it out first.  Reposition the clutch pedal would be another though  to make it more comfortable.
The TF's are pretty bad for that, don't know what those engineers were thinking back them.  :(  Especially for all food controls.   Probably never sat on a skidder :D   
Make sure you know how to fall properly when you fall and as to not hurt anyone around you.
Also remember, it's not the fall what hurts, its the sudden stop. !!

chester_tree _farmah

U need a single reservoir master cylinder and a slave cylinder. Both common in the older Ford f series, available from auto parts stores and inexpensive. The old c4s had the master cylinder bolted to the firewall and a short rod from the pedal through the firewall into the master cylinder. Just like most of the older cars. The slave typically mounts off the bell housing bolts but u may have to fab a mount off the bolts? It is very doable.
254xp
C4B Can-Car Tree Farmer
Ford 1720 4wd loader hoe

drlewis

thanks got the slave cly, master is on its way. now off to put plow and wing on the sterling to push snow have a happy thanksgiven everyone dan

Thank You Sponsors!