iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

E-Classic too much wood?

Started by libby99, January 17, 2009, 06:55:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MudBud

Thanks Four for the update!!!!  Interesting about the diamond shape brush and the Acid wash...probably well worth it each season during the summer so its ready for the following season.  If you get any part numbers, directions on how to do it please post. 

thanks, keith

bandmiller2

Outside furnaces are not noted for wood economy,most of us have used wood stoves in the house,they seem much more economical but are only heating a couple of rooms.Companys that build out side furnaces are doing everyone a disservice when they brag you fill it once a day or every outher day.When you over  load a furnace all that wood goes through the distilling cycle at once plugging up flues and stacks and droping the temp.Feed a little and often say three or four times a day ,feed it according to the outside temp.don't depend on the damper so much that just cuts off air and leads to smoke. Your firebox must have fire brick to reflect the heat back into the fire for a clean burn.Fire agenst steel with water behind it will never get hot enough to burn like it should.Smoke from the stack your wasting heat.I feed my water tube outside boiler about five times a day,it burns wicked hot,no smoke.Once during the winter I tap the stack pipe with a hammer handle the little soot falls back into the firebox.Try feeding less and more often bet you'll have a cleaner more efficient furnace.Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Thank You Sponsors!