iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Anybody processing firewood now!

Started by T Welsh, June 19, 2012, 06:03:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sparky1

I need to get my butt in the woods soon.. I have enough wood from last year left for maybe 3 to 4 weeks.. I have about 10 trees down in my woods. just need to get free time to go get em..
Shaun J

Ken

As is often the case the phone begins to ring about this time of year with people looking for dry wood for the winter.  Very few people in this area have any dry wood for sale.  You would think people would learn to buy early but often it is the same people calling year after year after the kids go back to school and nights begin to cool down. 

I only do cut and split firewood on the side when time allows but the opportunity to do extra is always there.  The average price here for delivered cut and split seems to be in the $250/cord (128 ft3).   
Lots of toys for working in the bush

TJ Timber

Logging is very big here in Northern Michigan, so most people who burn firewood just call one of many logging companies and just order a truck of wood. It comes in 100" to 110" logs and they usually spend all summer cutting and splitting. The loggers are getting $1000 a truck load. Truck load = 10 to 12 chords

Thank You Sponsors!