iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

WM (LT50) Debarker questions

Started by Old Greenhorn, October 08, 2021, 06:59:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John S

Yes, WM sent me a new mandrel and I reversed the wires.  That was in the spring of 2018 after a few months of operation.  After popping the circuit breaker multiple times per day, it now pops a few times each year.
2018 LT40HDG38 Wide

Old Greenhorn

Well, lets be clear here. First, yes, I flipped the blade over then reversed the wiring on the motor.
 Second, the direction it rotates in now would tend to drive the screw tighter rather than loosen it.
 Third, there are a great many variations on WM's debarkers between the different mill models, wide models, revised arm designs, blades with flats, blades without, spacers, no spacers, Extra disc on the blade shaft or not. You can't really generalize any of it because it leads to a lot of confusion and mis-information. I hesitate on flipping the rotation, but we checked with WM and they basically said 'Yup, do it, it will run better'. Always talk to the builder. :D ;D
 Not a single breaker trip today. :) 
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Thank You Sponsors!