iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Saw blades

Started by Pfordhp2b, December 01, 2021, 08:06:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pfordhp2b

Good morning all. I hope you all had a great thanksgiving. I'm milking pine for my boss's stables and just wondered what you all think the best blades are to use are?  I've got a wood Mizer lt40 and I've got a combination of green and dried  pine. The last blades I bought were very expensive and are very thick. When I start making the cut the blade won't go but a few inches in and the starts spinning so hit that the water cleaning the blade seems to boil and the wheels(belts start to smoke 

Magicman

You will need to add more details to your situation.  Pictures might help.

What blade are you using?  What is spinning?  What is hot?  Have you been sawing and this just happened? 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Pfordhp2b

Well I feel like a complete fool. I just compared the new more expensive blade to one I was using and noticed that the tips are running in the opposite direction. I did not know that was an option in the blades. 

btulloh

Flip it inside out and the teeth will be correct. No big deal.  Wear gloves. Be careful or it will bite you. 
HM126

Southside

Everyone has put on a backwards band, it happens, been there, done that, almost always in front of witnesses.  Did that improve the issues?

On a side note:  Are those grass fed pine trees or do you feed grain too?  Curious as to how you hook up the claw and just where the udders are on those pines you are "milking".   :D  Just joking with you as I have a small dairy along with the sawmill operation so that jumped out at me.  

Welcome to the Forum, you will see we all get along here pretty well.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

jimbarry

Been there, done that. Cut them on the pull stroke, should work good. ;)  (kidding).

Pfordhp2b

Ha!! I was able to call wood Mizer and the fella walked me through flipping the blade.  I didn't put it in as I had a good blade on already:)  I'll try it tomorrow and see how it works.  I really do appreciate everyone's input. This forum is a life saver. 👍

Thank You Sponsors!