iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Parker boats?

Started by gspren, February 01, 2023, 07:06:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gspren

Looking for info/opinions on Parker boats in general and the 1801 in particular. Use would be fishing and crabbing in Assawoman Bay, a large shallow bay behind Ocean City, MD, also an occasional boat ride. I'm trying to up-size from a 15' skiff and down-size from a 24' CC and get to just one boat.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

SawyerTed

I almost bought a 2300.  The wait time was too long.   They are well built fishing boats with good features for a fishing machine.  They are fishing boats the family can enjoy rather than family boats you can fish from. No over abundance of frills.  Owners can add the frills after the fact.  

They are on the heavy side which makes their ride better in a chop, the 2300 is considerably heavier than the 23' CC I eventually bought.  Due to weight, fuel consumption will higher on the water and when trailering but that may be a reasonable compromise for the ride. 

The Parker plant is near Beaufort NC so I have seen many.  They are very popular boats among the crowd I fish with around Harkers Island.  I've not heard many complaints from my fishing buddies who own Parker's.  

I've  had the privilege of being on a 2520 some.  It is a twin engine beast that I wish I could afford.  
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

gspren

As an update I made a deal to trade the 24' boat for the 18' Parker with a 115 Yamaha, plan to pick it up next Thursday. This was different trading in a 2016 boat for a 2023 boat and getting a check from the dealer but the cost of the 244CC Key West has skyrocketed since I bought it. I will later sell the 15' skiff after I ascertain that the Parker suits me for crabbing.
Stihl 041, 044 & 261, Kubota 400 RTV, Kubota BX 2670, Ferris Zero turn

SawyerTed

Hoping you enjoy the Parker as much as my friends enjoy theirs.  They are solid performers. 
Woodmizer LT50, WM BMS 250, WM BMT 250, Kubota MX5100, IH McCormick Farmall 140, Husqvarna 372XP, Husqvarna 455 Rancher

Thank You Sponsors!