iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

I smell dead fish

Started by Dan_Shade, March 23, 2023, 03:03:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dan_Shade

My stupid bradford pear is blooming.  I cut down three of them, this one is in a good hammock spot.  It should go to, but has a reprieve. 

I'm not sure how these things became popular....  

Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Don P

If it helps the woods smell too. I was kicked back on the couch last night watching a movie. My sweet wife was planting seeds and that smell was driving me to distraction. I finally said something about the strong bloom smell and she laughed, "I watered the plants with fish emulsion today". No escape  :D

JD Guy

Quote from: Dan_Shade on March 23, 2023, 03:03:17 PM
My stupid bradford pear is blooming.  I cut down three of them, this one is in a good hammock spot.  It should go to, but has a reprieve.

I'm not sure how these things became popular....  
I feel your pain. We have a very large Bradford Pear that the bloom duration was short this year, some heavy rain and wind knocked the majority of it off before the suffering  smiley_dizzy I would take it down in a heartbeat if it were not for the shade it gives the back of our house all summer!

Dan_Shade

I'm considering getting a pressure sprayer to blast the blooms off.... 
Woodmizer LT40HDG25 / Stihl 066 alaskan
lots of dull bands and chains

There's a fine line between turning firewood into beautiful things and beautiful things into firewood.

Thank You Sponsors!