iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Spring turkey display

Started by beenthere, April 03, 2023, 01:02:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

beenthere

A sure sign of Spring when the tom turkeys get their feathers ruffled up. Any others? 

https://rumble.com/v2fxz9k-tom-turkey-strutting.html
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Walnut Beast

Nice! I've started hearing them gobbling. When you make a little noise doing something and they hear that it gets them gobbling 

SwampDonkey

Not until late April into May up here. Got 40+ turkeys running around here, most times you see them moving in a straight line behind one another crossing fields look'n for grub. Still 2+ feet of snow everywhere, no bare fields yet. You'd think with all them turkeys one would ruffle up once in awhile. Never seen one yet.

This is 2 years ago April 6th, there is 2 feet of snow there this year. A couple of toms with hens. A half mile away on zoom.

Seen a flock of 22 yesterday walking across the fields in a straight line, looking out the living room window. I can see anything that moves within a mile. :D Those were 1/2 mile away.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

thecfarm

I have only seen one all fanned out. And that was in what was a corn field.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Don P

I was talking to my partner yesterday on the phone and his dog cut loose in the background, which is unusual. There was one in their back yard strutting his stuff. 

Old saw fixer

Same thing here in Nottoway County, VA.  Yesterday three hens were scratching the fallen leaves right next to the house.  Sorry, no pics, smartphone pic through a screen is no bueno. 
I won't allow turkey hunting on my half of the old farm.  I like to see the turkeys!
Stihl FG 2, 036 Pro, 017, HT 132, MS 261 C-M, MSA 140 C-B, MS 462 C-M, MS 201 T C-M
Echo CS-2511T, CS-3510
Logrite Cant Hook (with log stand), and Hookaroon

WV Sawmiller

Its supposed to be 73 and sunny today. They will be strutting and gobbling all over the place.

My wife can't remember the term strutting and she always says they were "fuzzed out".
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

thecfarm

saw one here all fanned out behind the house. On the way to work this morning, I shut the back door and that got them gobbling.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

SwampDonkey

I saw a bunch move across the field twice yesterday, no displays. They've been going in the same path pretty much for a month.  I saw fresh tracks yesterday up by the woodlot on the road, that was a loaner for some reason. There's 2 feet of snow in the road, some places 3' up there.

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

beenthere

Fourth week in May seems to be some late for toms to display, but these three were all wound up. 
Video is a long 12 minutes 'cause they just wouldn't give up. Think they were strutting just for the trail cameras. 

https://rumble.com/v2tzs42-strutting-may-toms.html
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Ron Scott

Good Video of gobbling turkeys.
~Ron

SwampDonkey

It's June and I heard a gobbler the other day.

Thank You Sponsors!