iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Nyle L200 help

Started by Kraynes, August 11, 2024, 03:48:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kraynes

I have 2  1997 Nyle L200's. They had been in storage for years when I bought them. Both appear to work as intended. When I first power up the controller it shows the kiln temp as well as "preheat" and the "heat" light illuminates, the compressor operates on a timer.
When I set the temperature, for example 115 degrees and start the cycle, the compressor will run for the time specified but the "heat" never kicks off regardless of the temperature. I can turn off the controller, wait a few minutes and turn back on. Once powered back up the heat light does not come on. 
My question is, should the heat strips in the unit kick on/off based on the temp setting to help maintain the set temperature?  
Ive also noticed that when I try to run a heat cycle at the end of drying, per Nyle- set the time to 0 and temp to 140 and start. When I do this, the heat strips never kick on. Ives swapped one complete unit for another thinking there was a problem but found both so the exact same. 
Am I missing a step somewhere? 

K-Guy

It sounds like they lost part of the program. The heater should turn off at setpoint but the increasing heat be because of heat from the compressor. Check to make sure the heater is engaged but checking the amp draw of it. If it is turning off, you need to vent the excess heat or have timer run the compressor less.
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

Kraynes

I've added the powered exhaust vent and it does help regulate the temperature. I did verify that the heater is staying engaged (contractor pulled in, Amp draw and voltage at the elements)
I've also noticed that my timer (on both units) will not go to zero they will only go to 1. 
It's odd that both units do the exact same. 
Is there a solution to repair if by chance they have lost part of their program? 

K-Guy

No that is a failure of the contacts inside the switches on the control. If you didn't have that issue, I could send you reprogramming sheet for the control. I think it is just a matter of old age.
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

Thank You Sponsors!