iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Simonds standall teeth quality control issue - anyone else notice?

Started by SheSaws, February 16, 2024, 10:11:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Old Greenhorn

And many of us here are 100% certain that your attitude is 100% of your problem. Go back and re-read your interactions here, then go read some threads from other new members with questions like yours and see how they are treated with respect to how they treat others. Hopefully you will learn and grow in your job. Brining your sex into it was entirely your choice and had no effect in anybody's responses beyond what you thought you read into them. I believe you were looking to be offended.
You do you.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

SheSaws

Quote from: moodnacreek on February 21, 2024, 07:35:54 AMTaking side boards off a big cant to get ties on a good tight carriage and grading them is a good start.                                      I was thinking there was a new circle mill member here but it doesn't look good.

Nah I don't need this nonsense. Being condescended to, told I'm making excuses when the only thing I did was give context, and then dogpiled by a bunch of men isn't my idea of a good time. No thanks. I have access to a combined 140 years of experience on my actual mill. I don't need some forum admin.

Btw these are the logs I'm "making an excuse" from
Large timber sawyer of hardwoods
660 RPM dual blade (top and bottom) circular HMC mill w/ carriage and dual edge trimmer blades
Large timber hydraulic  incisor
HMC 2-saw trimmer

Jeff

Have a wonderful life, and I hope you figure out the hate you have. Bu-bye
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Old Greenhorn

Well hey, thanks for leaving! You would probably have some. Sort of issue with the other women sawyers here had you taken the time to meet them. Good luck fixing your career limiting attitude.
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

fluidpowerpro

Just read this thread. I can't help but feeling a little sad at where it ended. It didn't have to be so bad.. One thing to remember is that when reading texts, emails, etc, its really easy to interpret something one way when the original intent was something different. It's not like taking on the phone when you hear voice inflection, etc to get a feel what's being said. 
It seems that early on some comments were made that were taken in a bad way and things quickly went south from there.
It didn't have to end this way.
Change is hard....
Especially when a jar full of it falls off the top shelf and hits your head!

Jeff

Yea it did. She predetermined the outcome. I found out exactly who she was, and how she feels about the world in other places than here. I'm glad she was herself right from the start so we were able to end her quickly.

Don't forget the admins usually have way more insight at things behind the scenes We have to have.
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

customsawyer

I hate it for all involved. She could have been a contributing member here. The forum could have been a great resource for her, and the company she works for. All could have won. She didn't leave the admins any options. She even received more chances than many before her. Wish her all the best in the future, but it won't be here.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

barbender

Honestly, I considered not even saying anything about her initial rude comment to Jeff. After all, Jeff is in charge and completely capable of handling himself. So why did I? In my experience dealing with people if you don't address issues like this right away, you get to deal with them down the line. And the problem only grows. 

I would've much preferred she came back with a simple, "sorry." 

Too many irons in the fire

Southside

She actually deleted a comment she had made that foretold the future, basically said she didn't want to say where she was because being an "outspoken female" has caused her issues in the past.  Gender and being outspoken have nothing to do with the outcome, I happen to be quite vocal and extremely outspoken on a couple of matters that impact our home and business, in one case it's a very significant issue that is often in the media, our State legislature, the court system, etc, but that approach does not get transmitted here.  It was all about her attitude.  We all bring many different opinions to the table here, but the difference is we respect each other.  
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

TimW

When I saw the user name, SheSaws, I immediately thought of a person that wanted to stick out.  I have worked with her type in aviation before.  They don't last very long in aviation either.
Mahindra 6520 4WD with loader/backhoe and a Caterpiller E70 Excavator.  My mill is a Woodmizer LT40HD Wide 35hp Yanmar Diesel. An old Lull 644D-34 called Bull

LeeB

'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

barbender

Too many irons in the fire

Thank You Sponsors!