iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Repairing the old wood stuff

Started by Texas Ranger, May 05, 2016, 11:41:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Texas Ranger

I am repairing a 1880's era dining room table that belonged to my wife's family.  It was made in Russia (the old Russia) for export.  Over the years a number of the screws holding the top to the aprons have gone missing, they were #18x3 and #20x2.5, nothing you find at the box stores.  After a lot of looking on the web I came up with this outfit.

http://www.blacksmithbolt.com/  and order some from their online catalogue.

The screws came in exactly like the old ones.   8)

The table was not built for modern (affordable) homes, as it seats 24 when the leaves are added, without the leaves it is about 10 % bigger than our current table.  Picture will follow when the table is put into use.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

DeerMeadowFarm

Looking forward to seeing this!

mesquite buckeye

So, like, where's the photo? ;D :snowball: :snowball: :snowball:
Manage 80 acre tree farm in central Missouri and Mesquite timber and about a gozillion saguaros in Arizona.

Texas Ranger

scgargoyle

I've bought a number of products from Blacksmith Bolts, such as the square head lag screws I used throughout the house. They have stuff no one else does, and have been good folks to work with. Looking forward to seeing your pics!
I hope my ship comes in before the dock rots!

Texas Ranger

Not real sure what happened here with the photo's, they are correct on the computer but spin to a new position when uploaded..   Jeff?

OneWithWood

TR, you are standing on your head again!  :D
One With Wood
LT40HDG25, Woodmizer DH4000 Kiln

red

This explains many things about how we view Texas
Honor the Fallen Thank the Living

Texas Ranger

test
OK, Jeff, why are my uploads being turned?  this old one did not turn.

Larry

When you take a picture with your phone it inputs information in the picture so that it will always display in the correct orientation on your phone.  When you beam the picture off to the forum that information is still present so it may or may not display correctly.

When I edit my phone pictures with photo software the phone orientation info is lost and the picture displays correctly.

I don't know if you can do that with the forum software or not.

Turn your screen upside down and all is fine. :D

That's a heavy table.  Looks like the one JR had in his mansion....Dallas don'tchaknow.
Larry, making useful and beautiful things out of the most environmental friendly material on the planet.

We need to insure our customers understand the importance of our craft.

WDH

At least Fishpharmer is an upright kind of dude.  Not saying that you are not, TR, don't go jumping to upside down conclusions  :)
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

At least the plop is rightside up.  :o

TR, when taking pictures with an IPhone, always orient the phone horizontally and with the shutter button to the right side and they will always be right. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Carson-saws

Beautiful table.  Thatsa keeper for sure!
Let the Forest be salvation long before it needs to be

Thank You Sponsors!