iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Truck Shell Locks

Started by BlaBla, December 30, 2004, 02:47:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BlaBla

Okay, I know the forestry forum can fix anything so here goes.

I have an F-150 with a shell on the back. I broke one shell lock awhile back but now my second lock is broken, so I need to fix both of them. It looks like they should be easy to replace(two phillips screws on each lock). What should I look out for? Can I find these things at an auto parts store? Will there be 90 different sizes? Any other suggestions?

Here are some pics

beetle

Too many hobbies...not enough time.

isawlogs

Most auto parts will carry what you need .... The lock handle .... you will need to remove your locking plate, part that when you turn handle wedges into the truck cap, It is held there with a screw and is slide on the square tubing , thats all you need to keep..... the handle take it off unscrew them or drill the screw heads out .... take one with you to the store , differente lenght of scare rod
  If the auto store dont have it check with RV dealers ,
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

BlaBla

Is the locking plate where the 'L' is on the text?

isawlogs

yep   thats it , there should be only one screw on the side  holding that in.... take that screw out and slide the plate out , it could be in two parts one plate and a U shape peice that the screw is in....
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

rebocardo

www.northerntools.com has all the handles you could want. Getting a matching set is the tricky part, but, these handles are real easy to take apart and recode.

Thank You Sponsors!