iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

REWARD---URBAN LOWLIFE

Started by Fla._Deadheader, October 03, 2003, 10:09:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jason_WI

There are a few other companies that sell longer range transmitters but they cost more $$$$.

I'll dig around the net some more to see what I can find.

Jason
Norwood LM2000, 20HP Honda, 3 bed extentions. Norwood Edgemate edger. Gehl 4835SXT

Furby

northern toolhttps://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?action=position"> Note:Please read the Forestry Forum's postion on this company has one in he latest catalog for $150. Not as cheap as X10 but it does claim a 300' range, and is 2.4 GHz and color. Just remember that most of these wireless have their range rated on a  line of site basis. They will go through walls and stuff, but it will cut a little bit out of the range. If your shop is 300' out, you may be a little bit short on range.

Den Socling

put a $150 camera out there and that suckers gonna get stolen  :D

DanG

Ya gotta point dere, Den. :D :D   I think I'll just leave ol' Goofy and the gang out there. They been doing a good job so far, and nobody would steal them ugly things. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Jason_WI

If there stealing the security camera then it's time fer some rock salt... ;D ;D

or a few booby traps.......

hook an electric fencer to all the metal parts, like the frame of a bandmill ;D ;D

problem is you'll forget ya hooked her up the night before and get your batteries charged in the morning when you check the oil :o :o
Norwood LM2000, 20HP Honda, 3 bed extentions. Norwood Edgemate edger. Gehl 4835SXT

DanG

I think I'll pass on that idea. I'm bad ta fergit things, p'tickly in the early morning. Sometimes I fergit ta git up.

I'm getting a "new" computer, the first one I've actually owned since the Vic-20. ::) :D :D  There's even a chance I'll finally be able to post pics. If it works out, I'll show a shot of "Goofy and the gang" and you'll see why I don't really need the camera. ;D
"I don't feel like an old man.  I feel like a young man who has something wrong with him."  Dick Cavett
"Beat not thy sword into a plowshare, rather beat the sword of thine enemy into a plowshare."

Furby

$150 is cheap when you are looking at $1500 cameras.
Good point about the camera getting stolen, but atleast you would have a close up of the thief. ;)
I bet "the Gang" is more fun then the camera anyways. ;D

Den Socling

Last week, News of the Weird reported that some clown in Wisconsin was arrested after he stole an "electronic gadget" from a front yard. It turned out to be the base station for one of those ankle monitors used to keep track of people in trouble with the law.  ;D

http://www.newsoftheweird.com/archive/nw030928.html

DanG

:D :D :D
That's just one of the many reasons I don't steal stuff. Murphy is my shadow. ???  If I stole something, and went to sell it, I guaranDanGtee the buyer would be the guy I stole it from, and would have his name in a hidden place.  :-/

Fla._Deadheader

Jason, guess what ??? ??? I got the whole schmear from X-10. It's JUNK !!!!!!!!!!
  One camera got so hot, it nearly set the wall socket it was plugged into, on fire. The base station, that sat on the TV, leaked some kinda goop all over the place.  The VCR converter thingy NEVER DID work right. It would show the images on a small TV, but, never would record.
  Got the new replacements in. Just gotta figger how to thief-proof 'em before puttin them on.
  If ya wanna see how easy it is to steal whole tail lights, go to any GM pickup, and open the tail gate and you will find 2 screws that hold the assembly in place.  
  For now, I'm gonna Epoxy some blocks of wood between the metal rods that lock down the hard cover and the inside of the hard cover. When they stole the lights, the rods were bent up, in a curve, where they forced the top up. HAD to be 2 of 'em. I tried to do that myself, right after I bought the truck.
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Thank You Sponsors!