iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Matterhorn S&R chainsaw protective boots

Started by micky boy, August 21, 2006, 05:19:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

micky boy

I am in England (U.K.) and have been searching the web to see what chainsaw safety gear is available in the U.S / Canada and I really like the look of those Matterhorn boots.
Has anyone got them and how do you rate them, or what other sorts are there.

I am struggling to find a shop who will ship to the U.K, I don't see the problem if I pay shipping costs - or is there another reason?

Thanks
Three Five Seven............Chainsaw Heaven

Kevin

Woodhog

http://workingperson.com/international.php

Here is an outfit that will ship internationally. I dont know anything about them...
They sell these boots and have a good description of the boot..

They are nice looking boots, even said they have scuff pads on the toes which I notice a lot of forestry boots seem to forget to put on..

I notice they have a section of speed lacing hooks on them, I dont like these around  heavy brush as they can sometimes be bent and break off.

I am starting to switch to cheaper boots as they all seem to get cut and tore up at about the same rate expensive or cheap..

Raphael

Quote from: Woodhog on August 24, 2006, 09:39:53 AM
I am starting to switch to cheaper boots as they all seem to get cut and tore up at about the same rate expensive or cheap..
  I'm leaning toward the same approach.  I have only one pair of boots that's proved the test of time (with a little repair work) and they've only lasted because they are the boots I grab when there's snow on the ground so they've always had the snow cushion to protect them.
  My one major exception is steel toes, I had a really bad experience with some cheapo chinese pot metal.  :o
... he was middle aged,
and the truth hit him like a man with no parachute.
--Godley & Creme

Stihl 066, MS 362 C-M & 24+ feet of Logosol M7 mill

micky boy

I too find that some of the more expensive boots don't outlast the cheaper ones by much but I do like to pay more for comfort, including ease of getting on/off and eyelets not pulling out or rusting premature.
These matterhorn boots aren't available in the u.k (not that I know of anyway), the write ups really do sell the boot well, plus don't matterhorn have a good reputation with the u.s miliatary ? If its good enough for the marines then they're good enough for me.
Three Five Seven............Chainsaw Heaven

Thank You Sponsors!