iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Chili!

Started by Jeff, September 21, 2012, 09:20:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

I made one for you and Tammy too Ray, because she is like you.  Her's had chili, fritos and fresh crumbled bacon. No veggies!

Mine was way better. 8) i added sweet onions and peppers and jalapenos!

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Tacotodd

The wife likes the idea. I'm game for it...if she makes it. 😅
Trying harder everyday.

thecfarm

DanG!! Another FF meal I missed out on.  :(
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

It just seemed like a natural to me. Other than the beans, all the other ingredients in chili are at home on a pizza. 
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

jb616

Quote from: sawguy21 on September 22, 2012, 12:30:32 PM
Great minds think alike  :D We have had a stressful week after a death in the family, Karen was burned out last night so I made a pot similar to Jeff's. I also browned mushrooms with the meat and onions. I like mine with a bit of an attitude so added some chipotle to my bowl. Karen said she wasn't hungry but had two helpings, it was pretty good. Still enough for a couple of lunches.
I make mine with a can of the Chipotle peppers with the sauce...Mmmm...gives it a smokey flavor but I only simmer it with the peppers in about 15 minutes and remove them. I might take one or two to dice up in the mix but any more than that will make it too spicy for me....just enough to get a little sweat going but not enough to kill my taste buds for a day.  

doc henderson

I unknowingly had chili that had raisins in it.  could not tell to look as they had swollen up enough to look like beans, added a sweet taste.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

mike_belben

Quote from: Jeff on September 25, 2012, 05:44:56 PM
I'm intrigued on the smoker Chili Idea.  Have you seen it done before Mike?
I clicked the thread and this was the first post that i saw.. Then i thought how the heck did jeff know i was gonna try smoker chilli..  Uhh, 9 years before i built a smoker.. Oh.. Its another mike. 
I smoked beans with tomato, corn, onion and bacon as my first smoker test meal and it was great so id planned to try it again, adjusted as a little more of a hearty chilli insteada baked beans. But its been rain all week so i crock potted it instead. 
Sirloin cubed up and fried with scissored up bacon.  Drained the grease and dumped it in along with canned beans and chilli (im not ready to try chilli from scratch yet) tri color peppers, onions, tomato, corn, tons of seasoning, some chicken broth.  Was really good over white rice with cheddar and some sour cream.  Had another bowl with tortilla chips crunched in.. Excellent. 

Praise The Lord

Walnut Beast

Deer Chili is pretty tasty when it's cold out

kantuckid

Where's the peppers? :D need lots of onions and peppers.
Wife uses the Better Homes and Gardens basic recipe. We use other beans when in our freezer, even small limas and navy beans, etc.. Peppers vary but mostly jalapenos. Our last batch few days back- is long gone. I like a 50/50, pork/beef combo chili meat. 
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

K-Guy

Quote from: Walnut Beast on December 08, 2021, 01:39:04 AMDeer Chili is pretty tasty when it's cold out

I have some Deer burger in the freezer that just find its way to a pot this weekend but I'll ask my son if he wants chili or meatball stew. If it has deer meat in it my wife won't touch it so she doesn't get a vote.;D
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

newoodguy78

Don't tell her there's venison in it until she's done with a bowl  :D

Tacotodd

Quote from: newoodguy78 on December 08, 2021, 06:42:10 PM
Don't tell her there's venison in it until she's done with a bowl  :D
That's a gonna git me kilt  ;D
Luckily my wife (and all my friends) know that deer meat is a food staple. My friends and I are ALL a bunch of hunters :rifle:
Trying harder everyday.

K-Guy

Quote from: newoodguy78 on December 08, 2021, 06:42:10 PMDon't tell her there's venison in it until she's done with a bowl  

That would be a good way to die in my sleep of a frying pan dropping on my head somehow!! ;D
Nyle Service Dept.
A common mistake people make when trying to design something completely foolproof is to underestimate the ingenuity of complete fools.
- D. Adams

Magicman

Well instead of making Chili....

First you need the proper ingredients, and then....

You could make her a pot of Chicken Head Soup.  :D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

newoodguy78

Magicman I'm not sure if a man would be brave or downright foolish to serve that to his wife. 
I'm not a fussy eater that however would most likely get a pass from me. 

Magicman

Well what's da problem??  She wouldn't eat venison that dat ain't venison.  Talk about picky eaters.   ;D
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

newoodguy78

Oh I see no problem with it, would like to be a fly on the wall when it's served up  ;D

Texas Ranger

Chicken feet and heads, nope.
The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

K-Guy

Quote from: Magicman on December 09, 2021, 06:10:35 PMYou could make her a pot of Chicken Head Soup. 

I'd give it a try but I think she would give it a pass.
Nyle Service Dept.
- D. Adams

kantuckid

When I was a very young kid back in KS, a family lived behind my Grandmas house (where we lived during and directly after the war), they were very poor, not much for clothes, lived in what should have been a garage/storage building, etc..
I was out back in the alley playing and one of those kids, a boy my age came out with a chicken leg knawing on it- as a treat I guess? By chicken leg I don't mean the drumstick either-I mean that nasty yellow skin with the foot on it. About 75 years ago and I've never forgotten that kids treat.
I worked in groceries and meat packing yet never did I see chicken heads in a tray for sale. Walmart has necks and some other treats but no heads.
Magicman wins the day with that food post? :D I will add that is a very long ways from being chili.
Kan=Kansas;tuck=Kentucky;kid=what I'm not

Magicman

Quote from: Texas Ranger on December 09, 2021, 11:41:01 PMChicken feet and heads, nope.
I have never had a chicken head, but the 'scratchers" were always included in a pot of chicken & dumplin's.  Mom would boil them and remove the outside skin and toe nails/claws.  The skin underneath was tender.  Not much meat but if that was between you and hungry, you ate it.  The backbone didn't have much meat either but the necks did.  Squirrel dumplin's always included the head.

I don't recall ever seeing/eating chicken chili. 

mike_belben

Quote from: kantuckid on December 10, 2021, 08:13:39 AMAbout 75 years ago and I've never forgotten that kids treat.
this country has forgotten how spoiled it is.  
Praise The Lord

WDH

Once this soup is done, just mash up the heads so they are not so obvious  :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Magicman

But how do you hide the peckers ??

Thank You Sponsors!