iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New year's special meal...

Started by ScottAR, January 02, 2008, 02:58:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ScottAR

Lord almighty!   Jan 1, 2008 has came and went and no threads on the
new years good fortune dinners have happened. 
Good thing I can't sleep.   ::)
I hope everyone got a good dose of greens, pork, and blackeye peas.
Good Luck to all in the new year!

Scott
"There is much that I need to do, even more that I want to do, and even less that I can do."
[Magicman]

sawguy21

I for one was too stuffed to type, fell asleep as soon as I got home from my cousin's. :D Roast beef with yorkshire pudding, roast potatoes, peas, baby carrots, cauliflower with cheese, and my favourite, baked onions. Mmmm, mmmm.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Weekend_Sawyer

Celest and I had a nice baked ham with blackeyed peas and rice. We usually have our famalies over but we over did ourselvs with christmas dinner and wanted something simple and intimate.

Over christmas we cooked for 5 hours, had 18 guests and then spent 2 hours cleaning up afterward. We are done entertaning for a while!
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Roxie

Here in the land of the Dutch, we had roast pork with sauerkraut and mashed potatoes.  Last night I made pork barbeque sandwiches from the left over roast. 
Say when

Weekend_Sawyer

MMMM Roxie, now you have my attention!
Did you put coleslaw on them?
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Roxie

I used a pickled caggage and peppers relish that Cowboy Bob's sister-in-law gave us for Christmas.  It was wonderful! 
Say when

beenthere

That 'pickled caggage' a southern dish? :) :)   Maybe should be added to the "whatzit" thread... ;) ;)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

limbrat

Me and my wife were raised within fifty miles of one another but in completely different worlds with different palets. With the oldest grand babies help i cooked cabbage greens that start with a third cup oil and a quarter cup sugar then a diced onion till the sugar starts to candy. Then ad two heads of cabbage and a couple of cups of beef broth salt and pepper and a half pound taso. stir it and cover it let it steam till tender. We were out of black eyes so we cooked purple hulls we started rendering a half pound chopped bacon,the babies left some bacon after i pulled it from the pot but they completely made off with the cabbage hearts. Sautated some bellpeper, garlic and onion then added the peas and covered with beef broth salt and peper taso and put the bacon back in cook slow untill tender.
Lilya cooked bell peppers stuffed with ground pork cabbage taso and rice. She also smother some pears for dessert and it was all good.
ben

LeeB

They had a feast set up for us here at work when I got up New Years afternoon.(I work nights) Looked to be a pretty good spread with turkey, roasted beef, roast duck, lamb, stuffed pidgeon (Egyption dish), and lots of other goodies. I didn't eat any because I had been thriough the wringer that morning with a touch of food poisoning from the midnight meal.
'98 LT40HDD/Lombardini, Case 580L, Cat D4C, JD 3032 tractor, JD 5410 tractor, Husky 346, 372 and 562XP's. Stihl MS180 and MS361, 1998 and 2006 3/4 Ton 5.9 Cummins 4x4's, 1989 Dodge D100 w/ 318, and a 1966 Chevy C60 w/ dump bed.

Roxie

Quote from: beenthere on January 03, 2008, 12:28:34 PM
That 'pickled caggage' a southern dish? :) :)   Maybe should be added to the "whatzit" thread... ;) ;)

I'm pretty certain that it's southern since his sister-in-law is from West By God Virginia.  I'll see if I can track her down for how it's made.  I haven't found a meat yet, that this relish/pickled cabbage thing hasn't gone well with, from hamburgers to roast beef and pork. 
Say when

Thank You Sponsors!