iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

New one from NC

Started by Ivey, March 28, 2006, 02:43:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ivey

Hello all, Ivey here from eastern North Carolina. Am new to sawmilling, having been raised, and still live on the family farm I have been around it ,but never done it. Will retire from my state job in about five years. Was looking for something to get started in now part time so that I will have something to do when that time comes. There is only one small saw mill operating in a 20 mile area now that I know of, so was thinking that it might be something good. Have been reading here every day for three weeks, lots of smart people here,good place to get the right info,and meet new freinds.... am looking forward to it.  Oh by the way I love Grits! ;D ;D

Have done alot of research on alot of mills in the last few months,and I think that I am going with the Log-Master LM 2  that one seems to fit me the best.

Talked to Ed Gibson today, (one of the owners at Log-Master) about checking out this forum, and maybe getting involved.. we"ll see ::)
Logmaster LM-4 , New Holland 4x4 w/FEL , Ford L-9000 tandem w/ prentice TS-33 loader, Nyle L200M, Cook's 4" board edger, John Deere 310se backhoe w/ forks

DoubleD

Ivey welcome to The Forestry Forum the best forum on the net 8)
Wannabe a sawmiller

IL Bull

Welcome to the forum.  Is this a hydraulic or a manual mill?  Hobby or business?
Sawdust is addictive :D ;D 8)
Case Skid Steer,  Ford Backhoe,  Allis WD45 and Burg Manual Sawmill

crtreedude

Ivey,

Welcome to the forum!

You sound like an okay guy - except for the grits...  ::)
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Grappletractor

Here is the mill he speaks of, very impressive !!!!
What I don't like about LogMaster is that they plaster their phone number in huge letters all over their mill, looks tacky.

http://www.logmaster.com/PDFs/47765LogMaster-p05.pdf

brdmkr

Welcome Ivey, You'll be right at home here.  Grits are good eats.  Anybody that disagrees just hasn't given them a try ;)
Lucas 618  Mahindra 4110, FEL and pallet forks, some cant hooks, and a dose of want-to

Woodwalker

Welcome to the Forum Ivey. The folks at Log-Master are good to do business with. Build a heck of a strong mill also. I got one of em.
Just cause your head's pointed, don't mean you are sharp.

Tom

Welcome to the Forum.  I like grits too. ;D

You guys with the Log Master mills need to do a little picture taking and let us go along on your jobs with you.  I, for one, would like to see how you are handling the logs and how you like the mill.

A spray can of paint fixes all kinds of advertising.  An enterprising young fellow could even paint his own number on the mill.  There's lots of places on there that make a good bill board.  :D

Ivey

Thanks you all for the welcome!                                                                                                                 
  IL  hydraulic, and it will be a hobby until I learn how  then a business

Crtreedude Thanks on the good guy part-- and grits is good stuff w/ bacon and eggs mixed in. ;D

Grapple tractor  you're right about their advertizement maybe alittle overboard.. paint can fix that  my name goes there! :o

brdmkr  thanks, been reading here for a while.. yelp them grits will stick with ya! :D

Tom  Before I read you're post thats just what I was thinking bout the paint!!
    Right up the coast from you,will be sawing the same kind of pine will have alot of  ??? for you and all

Thanks in advance  Ivey

Logmaster LM-4 , New Holland 4x4 w/FEL , Ford L-9000 tandem w/ prentice TS-33 loader, Nyle L200M, Cook's 4" board edger, John Deere 310se backhoe w/ forks

getoverit

Tom, you just gave me an EXCELLENT idea for my mill.... the phone number on the mill would be an excellent place to put it!!

THANKS !!
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

Grappletractor

Quote from: Ivey on March 28, 2006, 09:49:09 PM

Grapple tractor  you're right about their advertizement maybe alittle overboard.. paint can fix that  my name goes there! :o

That phone number issue may be the only gripe I'd have with that mill, it looks to be super in all other ways . Good luck to you 

crtreedude

Even a plate taste good with enough eggs and bacon with it - as long as you don't eat the plate...  :D
So, how did I end up here anyway?

Thank You Sponsors!