iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

First time hello!

Started by BandsawWarrior, December 23, 2007, 10:44:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BandsawWarrior

Just thought I would introduce myself.  I just joined this forum yesterday and am so excited to have found a place with so much information.  I've been reading posts for hours and hours lol. 

I posted a question in the processing forum but just wanted to say hello in the sawing forum because that's what I do!  I started my business with my dad three years ago and haven't looked back since.  We mainly saw Douglas Fir timbers for timber framing but also do whatever people want.  We run a Baker bandsaw and edger and also have an old pto circular saw which we don't use much anymore. 

For anyone interested, my website is www.hartmill.com
   I love looking at pictures so if you do too I posted lots on my website!  Haven't had any time to upload some here. 

I'm going to keep my eyes peeled and hopefully I can help answer some questions! 

thanks and hello!

BandsawWarrior

Tyler Hart
T&N Custom Sawmill

Brad_S.

Welcome aboard, BandsawWarrior!  smiley_wavy
"Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans." J. Lennon

thecfarm

Welcome to the forum.We do like pictures.There are a few rules.Go to the top and click on to "help" and you will find it there.This keeps the pictures here so someone like you can read posts for hours and hours and still have the pictures with the posts.Looks like alot to it,but the more you do it the easier it gets.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

BandsawWarrior

Lol

sounds good I'll get it figured out and get some up!
Tyler Hart
T&N Custom Sawmill

Jeff

Hey! A Baker Boy! :)

Welcome to the forestry forum. :)
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

sgtmaconga

Welcome to the form. nice site
Measure twice cut once

ErikC

welcome!  I am new to the forum as well, but not the newest anymore! You can get lost in the archives, but it's probably worth the time, it's a great spot to learn something.

Erik
Peterson 8" with 33' tracks, JCB 1550 4x4 loader backhoe, several stihl chainsaws

BandsawWarrior

yeah those archives are great!  I was just looking at the maps...what a cool feature

Tyler Hart
T&N Custom Sawmill

Don K

Welcome to the Forum. Looks like ya'll have some big trees to saw. Looks like they cut good.

Don
Lucky to own a WM LT40HDD35, blessed to have a wife that encouraged me to buy it.     Now that\'s true love!
Massey Ferguson 1547 FWD with FEL  06 GMC Sierra 2500HD 4X4 Dozer Retriever Husky 359 20\" Bar  Man, life is getting good!

ljmathias

Welcome, Warrior- you're not much of a "newbie" if you've been sawing timbers and lumber that beautiful!  Sure would be nice to have some of those logs down here in the deep South but I'll just have to make do with SYP and red oak, I guess.  Looks like what you supply is full-cut lumber?  Do you kiln dry also or just sell green?  Also, the T&G flooring looks phenomenal- do you mold the T&G in yourself?

Anyway, welcome and Merry Christmas- maybe some day I can get the family to make a vacation up to that neck of the woods.

Lj
LT40, Long tractor with FEL and backhoe, lots of TF tools, beautiful wife of 50 years plus 4 kids, 5 grandsons AND TWO GRANDDAUGHTERS all healthy plus too many ideas and plans and not enough time and energy

John_Haylow

Welcome to the forum Tyler. I enjoyed looking over your web site. You have a very nice setup there.

John
2004 Wood-Mizer LT40HDG28

slidecreekdan

Welcome, You are going to love this sight.

BandsawWarrior

wow thanks for the welcome and great comments!  Yes we do go out of our way to buy big trees...they made the big timbers and the small timbers :) 

Regarding Lj's question

Yes we sell most our timbers with a bandsaw finish full dimensions.  People in our area pay a premium for that compared to a standard planed 2x10s.  Most our sales are green orders but we do get some dry standing dead trees.  Yes we do kiln dry all our flooring and paneling.  We will also put custom orders like mantels and benches in the kiln as well.

Righ now I send our paneling and flooring to a big mill works shop that does custom planing and moulding.  I'm hoping to get a small moulder set up this spring so we can do our own.  I would love to be able to do speciatly flooring and mouldings.  Righ now I'm just in the process of justifying it to  myself!  I'm sure people on this forum can relate to that hehe

have a great holiday!

BandsawWarrior     
Tyler Hart
T&N Custom Sawmill

Mooseherder

Welcome to the Forum. :)
Loved your Web Site.  Beautiful lumber! ;)

oakiemac

Nice site and welcome to the forum. I bet Armstrong Bc is a beautiful place to live. :)
Mobile Demension sawmill, Bobcat 873 loader, 3 dry kilns and a long "to do" list.

customsawyer

Welcome to the forum. I enjoyed your web site.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

woody1

If you don't want to row, get out of the boat !

ADAMINMO

Great website. That is some awesome logs and lumber.Good lookin mill there too!

sawguy21

Welcome aboard. It is a small world. That is my home town, I still have family there.
I enjoyed your web site too, those are beautiful timbers.
old age and treachery will always overcome youth and enthusiasm

Thank You Sponsors!