iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Quality Workmanship

Started by julio, September 07, 2013, 09:52:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

julio

I've got a truck in my shop that I'm working on for a guy . Seems like ever thing I look at has been screwed up by the last guy or guys that worked on it, I've put a bunch of money into it already and finally it going back together .                                                                                                                                                          It started for him up north the truck clutch and pressure plate blew up . Send it to the shop they replace clutch pressure plate , bell housing , clutch cable , wiring harness and sent transmission to be looked at (9000 dollars) . Truck leaves shop get 60 miles down road and quits , the shop sent a guy out and he tell them the alt. is bad ,he change alt and he said it was good . They start home from N.J. and it quit pulling . The shop want send anyone out said it was to far, so owner get a wrecker and bring it to me in GA. (5500 dollar) . The truck here and has no water , get to looking at it they took wiring harness to alt and low senor loose and tied them up on other side of motor . The motor had dropped a valve , busted piston and liner . Went to pull oil out of transmission and out falls a bolt , go though transmission and find bolt and washer looks like the washer went though oil pump gear and drive gear and busted the housing on transmission. So now I've got a new motor and transmission to work with , motor was 10000 dollar and transmission is 3100.  you talking about bad day for him
If you put your finger in your ear and scratch, it sounds like PacMan.

isawlogs

Man those are scary numbers to put in a pick-up. I would be on the warpath...  :snowball: :snowball:
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

julio

timberlinetree

Some people(shops)have no heart!we almost went under due to the same thing!hope he can recover from the losses.at least he(and the truck)are in good hands now.keep up the good work!
I've met Vets who have lived but still lost their lives... Thank a Vet

Family man and loving it :)

Sixacresand

Julio, If your mechanic skills are as good as your chicken grilling skills, then the guy's truck should be good as new.
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

slider

i concur Six the man can cook some chickin.
al glenn

customsawyer

He did mighty fine on the fish the night before too. ;)
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

julio

6 acre I hope they are better because that the way I make a living. I just feel sorry for people the get screwed and I have to be the one to show them. Thank you Slider and Custom . I think we should do it again soon .

customsawyer

I am ready. It has been a week so I am finally running out of left overs. ;D
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

julio

we do something else you are done with chicken for a while.

Peter Drouin

I try to do homework on someone that works on my stuff. And when I go to the shop and see a mess I keep looking for someone :D not all the time but most times If the place is a pigpen the work is too. no pride it the shop none in the work they do
A&P saw Mill LLC.
45' of Wood Mizer, cutting since 1987.
License NH softwood grader.

POSTON WIDEHEAD

I've heard some bad truck/repair stories before. But this one takes the chicken cake.
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

julio

Peter my place look like a mess but all part from one engine of going on the other cab and hood sitting on ground they is never enough room but it all comes back together.

julio

Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on September 08, 2013, 12:20:26 PM
I've heard some bad truck/repair stories before. But this one takes the chicken cake.
I was thinkn pickled peachs

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: julio on September 08, 2013, 12:39:12 PM
Quote from: POSTONLT40HD on September 08, 2013, 12:20:26 PM
I was thinkn pickled peachs

:D :D :D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Sixacresand

Good point, Peter_D.  My dad always said he couldn't make any money cleaning up the shop.  But maybe he should have tried it. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

justallan1

I find it rather funny that because part of my job on the ranch is to fix what's broken (ranch mechanic) I get approached quite often by people in town thinking I can fix just anything and that I'll do it cheaper than the local mechanic, and then have them mad when I tell them I'm just a parts changer and won't work on anything computer related, that I simply don't know how.
I think it's the mechanics responsibility to be honest with customers, but sure wish folks could understand when you say you can't do something that you really can't.
AND, I think poor workmanship is the same as stealing! Your taking some ones money for something that they'll have to pay another to fix the right way.

OK, rant over! ;D
Allan

Peter Drouin

Quote from: julio on September 08, 2013, 12:36:27 PM
Peter my place look like a mess but all part from one engine of going on the other cab and hood sitting on ground they is never enough room but it all comes back together.

I did say most times not all the time :) I for one can't work in a mess
A&P saw Mill LLC.

julio

Yes Peter I don't like it either, but when you in the middle of something it hard to just stop and clean . Mechanic work is some of the worst , it just plain nasty working with oil, grease and antifreeze .

Peter Drouin

I know what you mean. Up here in NH it's grease, oil, antifreeze and RUST  :D :D :D :D
The state puts so much salt on the roads your truck won't last to trade it in unless you spray oil on them [ under it] :D :D
A&P saw Mill LLC.

Thank You Sponsors!