Sponsors:

So much for cabin fever

Started by ohsoloco, March 31, 2003, 09:40:25 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ohsoloco

oakrocker

Thanks Jeff...
will follow closely.
I'm building a timberframe on my property here in the Ozark National Forest and have few folks around these parts that are familiar with this kind of project. Been working on it for several years ....doing it by myself with my Sperber Mill and lots of invented equipment to move the Logs and Timbers from place to place.  Glad to see the responders so far to the thread.
Kirk

ohsoloco

Didn't Jack Sobon use a Serber mill to slab a bunch of logs in one of his books?   It is a chainsaw mill, isn't it?

oakrocker

Yes he did and it is a chainsaw mill.  Got it in 1992 and run it with an 066.  I believe I got the first bar made for tor an 066 on the Sperber. They didn't think it would work as it was a new model and they only made up bars for 087's and such. I requested one and reported to them how it worked. Very well of course. Have never had a problem with it or the 066.
Kirk

ohsoloco

oakrocker, I'd like to see some pics of your homemade equipment.  What will you be using to raise the bents?  Whatever you raise them with, I'd like to see it  :)

TBone

Howdy all,

I'm a new member here, but would also like to see a timberframe forum. I built a chainsaw mill last fall and am planning to get into timberframing as time permits.

Too many projects, too little time ...

TBone

Tom

Well,  you're on it. :D ......and in just enough time to help build it too. 8) :D

Welcome to the Forestry Forum TBone.  

Thank You Sponsors!