iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Easy peasy sawmill bed (and other thrifty DIY ideas)

Started by Picky2016, July 22, 2016, 09:38:28 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Picky2016

This is for the guys building their own mills. It's easy enough and won't break the bank if you decide to go buy already made lumber or mill your own like I will. All boards are 2x6 lumber. Measurements are suggested, you can mod for your own use. I will glue and lag bolt everything together for strength. The gray squares at bottom are cinder blocks. You can shim as needed. Looking forward to sawmill version 2.0

Still learning, still having a blast!

Joe Hillmann

That is very similar to how my mill bed was built originally.  It worked just fine until I was given some large beams to make it portable.

fishfighter

I would just do it out of metal. Cost wise, it is really not that much more. ;D

york

Yup,same as Fish,metal,then you could move it....
Albert

Picky2016

Not everyone out there is as gifted as those like us who can weld gentlemen. Just options for those who are looking for simpler options.

OffGrid973

Not sure what size or brand mill you have but the 8' extensions from WM are cheap and I went 4x and then learned moving lumber that size is not so easy.  #StillMilled20Footers :)
Your Fellow Woodworker,
- Off Grid

Picky2016

I built my own mill and its stationary in my back yard. I milled the 2x6s myself from used hydro poles that I salvaged less than 1 km from my doorstep. So unless the steel or extensions are free, this was the best route for me to go!

Thank You Sponsors!