iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Saw found for my son

Started by 01Ryleigh01, January 16, 2023, 03:21:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

samandothers

I recon he will be building some muscles using that saw.   Will his next one have an engine?

Nice looking saw, a lot cleaner than mine!

Jeff

In untrained hands, if that saw is sharp, its as dangerous as a chainsaw. How old is your son?
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

B.C.C. Lapp

Welcome to the forum 01Ryleigh01. Beautiful saw.  I once watched two men cut down a large hickory with a saw like that.   Looked like quite a workout to me and they were about ruined by the time that tree tipped.   :D
Listen, or your tongue will make you deaf.

chet

@Jeff,  Wondering if you remember the really nasty gash that the crosscut contest participant got when we were at Paul Bunyan a few years ago?
I am a true TREE HUGGER, if I didnt I would fall out!  chet the RETIRED arborist

Jeff

Absolutely what I was thinking about when I posted that Chet. 
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

01Ryleigh01

Quote from: samandothers on January 16, 2023, 10:59:42 PM
I recon he will be building some muscles using that saw.   Will his next one have an engine?

Quote from: Jeff on January 17, 2023, 08:30:29 AM
In untrained hands, if that saw is sharp, its as dangerous as a chainsaw. How old is your son?

My son is 38. This will not be used, only will hang as a reminder of his father. When I told him I posted about this, he said he was humbled. Wanted to know if anyone has any history on this specific saw. Thank you so much for the responses. Very heartfelt.

01Ryleigh01

Quote from: B.C.C. Lapp on January 17, 2023, 10:01:33 AM
Welcome to the forum 01Ryleigh01. Beautiful saw.  I once watched two men cut down a large hickory with a saw like that.   Looked like quite a workout to me and they were about ruined by the time that tree tipped.   :D
Thank you so much for the welcome!

01Ryleigh01

Quote from: 01Ryleigh01 on January 19, 2023, 10:20:13 AM
Quote from: samandothers on January 16, 2023, 10:59:42 PM
I recon he will be building some muscles using that saw.   Will his next one have an engine?

Quote from: Jeff on January 17, 2023, 08:30:29 AM

My son is 38. This will not be used, only will hang as a reminder of his father. When I told him I posted about this, he said he was humbled. Wanted to know if anyone has any history on this specific saw. Thank you so much for the responses. Very heartfelt. Just a little more history on this saw. I bought at a garage sale with protective paper still on and blade still greased. Paper was so faded had no idea what I was buying, just knew my son would love it! Thank you if anyone can share their knowledge. My son said his 5 year old son was asking questions he couldn't answer. Heartfelt and feeling blessed.

Thank You Sponsors!