iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Look what showed up today!!

Started by CTL logger, February 15, 2013, 06:35:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PAFaller

Do you work by yourself or do you have a guy in the processor too? And how well can you keep up with processor with the new machine? And have you taken it anywhere sporty and steep yet, I know theres plenty of that kind of ground out your way. Curious how it handles, I know the pipeline outfits over here in Tioga County were shuttling some materials down some pretty steep hills with one, but they were all stumped out and graded off already. Woods full of stumps and other obstacles always makes that a bit trickier.
It ain't easy...

CTL logger

Quote from: PAFaller on February 19, 2013, 08:19:12 PM
Do you work by yourself or do you have a guy in the processor too? And how well can you keep up with processor with the new machine? And have you taken it anywhere sporty and steep yet, I know theres plenty of that kind of ground out your way. Curious how it handles, I know the pipeline outfits over here in Tioga County were shuttling some materials down some pretty steep hills with one, but they were all stumped out and graded off already. Woods full of stumps and other obstacles always makes that a bit trickier.
I probably won't have any hills to run it on for a while the job I'm on is a slight grade but nothing too bad. The Timberpro is an awesome piece of equipment you can't put enough in the grapple to stop it. Picked up two 20+ inch beech 21' long today never slowed it down. I haven't had it long enough to see if processor can stay ahead of me.

PAFaller

Well whats the good word on the new iron? Likes/dislikes so far? And is it producing like you hoped it would? Hope the grounds holding up well where you are at so you can keep running. I think you are about 3 hrs west of me, probably plenty of snow out there. Getting soft on top here, but Im on a north slope and its hard as a rock, hoping it holds up another couple weeks. You got any pictures of the setup they use to process everything you pile up on the landing?
It ain't easy...

CTL logger

Quote from: PAFaller on February 27, 2013, 12:07:14 PM
Well whats the good word on the new iron? Likes/dislikes so far? And is it producing like you hoped it would? Hope the grounds holding up well where you are at so you can keep running. I think you are about 3 hrs west of me, probably plenty of snow out there. Getting soft on top here, but Im on a north slope and its hard as a rock, hoping it holds up another couple weeks. You got any pictures of the setup they use to process everything you pile up on the landing?

It is one awesome machine!!! We are working a little south of I 80 no snow on the job ground seems pretty solid not much frost if any. Don't have one dislike about the machine can pile wood 3 feet higher than the cat could, will lift anything that fits in grapple. Didn't turn good at first just needed the valve pressure adjusted too low for 2 sets of tracks I guess. Other than that it's a producer, takes some getting used to compared to a conventional forwarder now that you turn with the boom. I'll get some pics when they chip next week.

MDLogging

Ctl, im glad to hear that Timberpro is holding up.  we're looking at a used one through Cj logging.  The salesman also mentioned he just got a cat on trade.  Im assuming its your old one.

treefarmer87

its just like a regular knuckleboom :) I would love to have one so I could keep the logs out of the mud. wonder how big of a load of logs it will hold ???
1994 Ford L9000
2004 Tigercat 718
1998 Barko 225
1999 John Deere 748G
FEC 1550 slasher
CTR 314 Delimber
Sthil 461
Sthil 250

MDLogging

I think 20 ton if I remeber right

Thank You Sponsors!