iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

GAB and his wife Mike showed up at my mill today

Started by Percy, June 29, 2017, 01:09:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Percy

I got a PM from Gerald AKA GAB but missed it for about 14 hours. They  were on their way back from Alaska, where they were pretty much at the arctic circle on the 20th of june. Solstace time where it dont get dark up there for days on end. They pulled into Stewart last night, Canada's most northerly west coast port which leads to Hyder Alaska. Southern tip of the pan handle for you geography buffs. Then  made their way to Terrace today and found my mill without any help from me. Just showed up at quitting time. Very resourceful folks. I showed them around a bit but for most of the 2.5 hour visit, we just GABbed.  ;D ;D Talked milling, politics, Forestry forum, grits, and the uses for the bottle of maple syrup they gave me. About an hour and a half into the visit, Gerald and I installed grease fittings on each others jaws so we could keep chin wagging without too much discomfort.

THey have amassed several thousand miles on this journey and at some point, are  making it to the pigroast. Gerald and Mike spoke well of their other visit(s) to the annual pig roast. Wish I could make it >:( Maybey next year. Anyways, it was great to see a fellow forum member.
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

goose63

I better get the grease gun out GAB will soon be here on their way to the Pig roast  8) ;D
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Andries

When they passed through the Canadian Prairies, they were fresh faced and just settling into a life on the road.
That was 2500 kms into their trip.
They'll probably have more than 5000 kms on the odometer by now.
How'd they look Percy - did Gerald and Michalena look like they'd make it to the PigRoast ?
Goose - start thinking of uses for Vermont Maple Syrup.  :D
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

Percy

Quote from: Andries on June 29, 2017, 08:42:31 AM
When they passed through the Canadian Prairies, they were fresh faced and just settling into a life on the road.
How'd they look Percy - did Gerald and Michalena look like they'd make it to the PigRoast ?
Quote from: goose63 on June 29, 2017, 08:12:30 AM
I better get the grease gun out GAB will soon be here on their way to the Pig roast  8) ;D
They looked like they are enjoying themselves immensley.During our conversation about their trip, I had to do some serious guzzintas in mine brain converting KM to miles. Im guessin they are at about 7500-8000 kms so far(5000 miles).

Ya, the grease nipples are hidden behind the ears.  :D :D Mine are getting a fresh shot as soon as I get to the mill  ;D

GAB

Quote from: Percy on June 29, 2017, 09:08:03 AM
They looked like they are enjoying themselves immensley.During our conversation about their trip, I had to do some serious guzzintas in mine brain converting KM to miles. Im guessin they are at about 7500-8000 kms so far(5000 miles).

Ya, the grease nipples are hidden behind the ears.  :D :D Mine are getting a fresh shot as soon as I get to the mill  ;D

As of tonight (6/29/2017) we have traveled 8450.5 miles.  That does not include the ferry ride in Dawson City.
Gerald
W-M LT40HDD34, SLR, JD 420, JD 950w/loader and Woods backhoe, V3507 Fransguard winch, Cordwood Saw, 18' flat bed trailer, and other toys.

Percy

Quote from: GAB on June 29, 2017, 10:19:00 PM
Quote from: Percy on June 29, 2017, 09:08:03 AM

As of tonight (6/29/2017) we have traveled 8450.5 miles.  That does not include the ferry ride in Dawson City.
Gerald
i stand corrected. Had my miles and Km's mixed up. Again🤡

Thank You Sponsors!