iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Cant Peavey Hook

Started by 4x4American, July 29, 2015, 09:41:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

4x4American

For some reason or another, this peavey was useless until I added a little dog there.  I've tried shaping the hook into different angles for a better bite, to no avail.  Here's what I've come up with.  Works great now.

Boy, back in my day..

Blackgreyhounds

Great work!  A cant hooks is always easier to grab a single log than a peavy.  Sweet DIY improvement.

4x4American

I prefer a peavey, but the don't grab as well!  A peavey to me is more versatile, except that sometimes it has butterfingers where a cant hook wouldn't.  Problem solved.  Now yawl run along and weld up your peaveys before you turn in for the night!
Boy, back in my day..

beenthere

No need to do that, have a LogRite or two.
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

4x4American

Yea well I have the peavey I might as well make it useful.  Bailey's ain't gonna take it back, I bought it 4-5 years ago :D !

Never used it much because it don't bit worth a dern.  Sure does now!
Boy, back in my day..

bandmiller2

The geometry of peaveys and cant hooks is critical that's why some feel just right and work well and others never seem to grab. Don't be afrade to do some modding. On the circular mill I prefer my logrite sawyers special. My bandmill I use an original peavey because my bunks are made from street sign channel that is punched with many holes and its handy to put the point in to slide the log agenst the stops. Too bad peaveys are not available with different size hooks. Frank C.
A man armed with common sense is packing a big piece

Magicman

You canted your peavey.  ;D  Nice mod. 
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Thank You Sponsors!