iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

CSM modifications successfull!

Started by mad murdock, November 24, 2012, 11:31:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mad murdock

Well, i finaly got around to re-tooling my 372XPW for a new round of milling, with some goodies I got from the guys at Bailey's.  Per their suggestions I got a 32" .050 powermatch, put on a new 3/8 drive rim, and a fresh loop of the Stihl picco ripping chain.  First test today was a WRC log i started on a few weeks back.  The milling was night and day improvement over the 3/8 woodsman pro chain I used previously!  timed an average of 6" wide cuts on 100" of log, 25 seconds, start to finish!  The previous setup was well over 40 seconds in a similar cut.  wider cuts were equally fast, and the saw kept the speed up in the cut nicely, ( i cut a few live edge boards from some of the slabs 14"+ wide).  Overall, faster milling, less sawdust, more recovery.  I am very pleased to say the least!  I know that it doesn't compare to you guys with bands or swing plades, but for me on a budget, i am more than satisfied.
oh here are a few after action shots 8) 8) got abt 80 bd ft from this stick 
Turbosawmill M6 (now M8) Warrior Ultra liteweight, Granberg Alaskan III, lots of saws-gas powered and human powered :D

piller

Looks great.  The folks at Bailey's have also been very helpful to me with my chain saw milling.

Thank You Sponsors!