iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Woodmizer hours

Started by BigZ La, July 28, 2016, 11:34:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BigZ La

How much do you consider 3000 hours on a mill in the class of the 50 or 70. At what hours do you consider the mill would start to fade on cut quality? thanks for any info

highleadtimber16

3000 hours is nothing. As long as you properly maintain your mill and check your alignment every so often it will keep cutting true forever. There is Woodmizers with many more hours than that, working everyday.  :)
2011 Wood-Mizer LT 40 hyd w/ 12' Extension,
EG 200 Wood-Mizer
Cutting Old Growth Cedar from Queen Charlotte Islands.

Percy

Im just short of 10,000 hours on my 2003 LT70. Ive had some repairs over the years but it cuts  like day one as long as I keep  it adjusted/maintained. Easy  to do. Lets you know quick when something is seriously amuck. Its like a paper route when you were a kid, tough till you learned the route and easy after you done it for a while... :D
GOLDEN RULE : The guy with the gold, makes the rules.

Bandmill Bandit

I know of an LT70 that is crowding 15000 hours if it not past and it is not a particularly well looked after mill BUT not terribly so either. (by my standards) It still cuts every day and does a good job. Had a new engine about 1500 hours ago and they did a complete bushing and bearings, chains, seals, brushes etc. If it was a moving part it got replaced. if it was a motor it got rebuilt or replaced.

It cuts every bit as a good as a new one would i am sure.

Skilled Master Sawyer. "Skilled labour don't come cheap. Cheap labour dont come skilled!
2018 F150 FX4, Husqvarna 340, 2 Logright 36 inch cant hooks and a bunch of stuff I built myself

customsawyer

My 2006 LT70 has 11500 hrs on it now. If there was ever a mill that has been put through the ringer it is this poor mill. All it has ever done is over sized logs up to 40' long. I have parts that are worn like you wouldn't believe. Mill still cuts very well.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

petefrom bearswamp

Proper maintenance and adjustment along with sharp blades equals good lumber every time regardless of the hrs.
Kubota 8540 tractor, FEL bucket and forks, Farmi winch
Kubota 900 RTV
Polaris 570 Sportsman ATV
3 Huskies 1 gas Echo 1 cordless Echo vintage Homelite super xl12
57 acres of woodland

scully

Just my opinion but, regular maintinance and replacement of worn parts ,keeping an eye on adjustments etc. A WM should cut perfect for ever .
I bleed orange  .

Cedarman

Our LT30E has over 16,000 hrs.  Same motor.  Cuts great.  Our multihead has well over 22,000 hours, same motors, runs great. It is not the hours that will hurt a mill.
I am in the pink when sawing cedar.

BigZ La

Thanks for all the info. I'll see the mill today. If it's in decent shape and cheap enough I might be the new owner.

4x4American

Well keep us posted eh!
Boy, back in my day..

POSTON WIDEHEAD

Quote from: customsawyer on July 29, 2016, 01:33:30 AM
My 2006 LT70 has 11500 hrs on it now. If there was ever a mill that has been put through the ringer it is this poor mill. All it has ever done is over sized logs up to 40' long. I have parts that are worn like you wouldn't believe. Mill still cuts very well.

Jake would make a very good test pilot.  ;D
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

Thank You Sponsors!