iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Thee Homestead Life & build

Started by Sedgehammer, June 07, 2020, 02:28:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Banjo picker

I have milked a cow in my earlier days... didn't have no contraption like that.  We put them in a stall, gave them a little feed and used our hands and a bucket.  Her calf got the other side.  That's the way poor dirt farmers in Mississippi did it.  I don't miss it.  Can buy milk at Aldes in Corinth for $1.19 a gallon.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

Sedgehammer

@Nebraska truth be told I had paid down on a woodmizer back in 87 or 88. Before I wrote the rest I called around to get pricing and talked to some sawers. I never wrote the rest. Most of them  were barely getting by.  I had visions of not getting rich, but having a decent life with a log cabin out on some land. That wouldn't have cut it. The area i was from had a lot of Amish, so that sized wood market was way under priced. That ofcourse also affected the other markets. Our area wasn't big into any timber framing back then. Here where I'm at now, there's not enough wood locally, have to truck it in. The market is here though, lots off high end houses. Wood really like it though. Love the smell of sawing wood. But then there's my health issues. Don't think I could really do it.
@Banjo picker Sure enough can, but that's factory farmed. Not grass fed milk. Grass fed is much more healthier. I milked a lot of milk by hand also, but that was sick cows. 
Necessity is the engine of drive

Sedgehammer

Chillin n relaxing watching the night sky change over the water, listening to the frogs while drinking some cold ones.......  thumbs-up
Stay thirsty my friends......  smiley_beertoast

Sedgehammer

Rained pretty hard here the other day. Over 2" in 30 minutes.

Sedgehammer

Went to a drive in for Fathers Day. Kids liked the movie, so it was good.

Night sky when we returned at 11:30......

Sedgehammer

Moonshine in my beer tonight fellas......

Weekend_Sawyer

I'm getting the idea that you like beer.
Imagine, Me a Tree Farmer.
Jon, Appalachian American Wannabe.

Sedgehammer

@Weekend_Sawyer  One ice and I mean ice cold one, yes. It cuts a dry throat pretty good and actually helps as a pain reliever, so it's medicinal...... ;D

farmfromkansas

We used to raise bucket calves.  My daughter made pets of them.  One of the heifers I bought turned out to be sterile, and was big and fat, so I had it butchered.  My daughter would not eat it.  She said that is Daisy!
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

Banjo picker

Hey Sledge: Get you a 6 pack of Vodoo Ranger.  It will make you throw that ultra over the fence. It's an Indian Pale Ale.  IPA for short.  Banjo
Never explain, your friends don't need it, and your enemies won't believe you any way.

doc henderson

or try some hot sauce and or bloody Mary mix.  or try Daaang. another IPA.  We brew Pliney the Elder that is a double IPA.  89 on the hops bitterness scale (100 max).  won many awards, can barely find it on tap.  even in the big cities they only get one keg, and you have to get there before it spits.  Sedge, you are too young for Pliney.
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Old Greenhorn

OH DanG it all now you've gone and done it. I will have those pictures in my head ALL day until quitting time, and it may even hasten quitting time. :D ;D
Tom Lindtveit, Woodsman Forest Products
Oscar 328 Band Mill, Husky 350, 450, 562, & 372 (Clone), Mule 3010, and too many hand tools. :) Retired and trying to make a living to stay that way. NYLT Certified.
OK, maybe I'm the woodcutter now.
I work with wood, There is a rumor I might be a woodworker.

Raider Bill

Lol, everything in there is a IPA or Pale Ale but I do keep a couple butt lights for my friends with less fortunate taste buds and palettes
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Sedgehammer

@farmfromkansas Kids name all of our meat animals and they know where the'r bacon and steaks come from. I made sure I never shied away from keeping life and death away from then no matter their ages.

@Banjo picker Thing is i don't really like beer.... Least wise the bitter taste of beer. My pa always said my european ancestors wood rollover in their graves and hang their heads in shame in how i like my beer and the ice cold temp. I have a really good friend who immigrated from germany (old Austria) on an investors visa. He shakes his head when he's over and I pull my beer from a freezer with ice on the bottle, but yet the beer isn't yet frozen. I've told him what my pa used to say and he'll smile and say "ya, your pa is right'..... :D

@doc henderson Too old, too young, I like what i like.  ;D My wife says I'm too fussy. I smile at her and say 'well my dear, if I wasn't fussy, I wouldn't have married you'......  8)

@Raider Bill I see what you typed there....... :o I see it..... :o My favorite is Michelob golden draft light, but hard to find here.

doc henderson

It is an acquired taste, and you just aint been acquired yet! :D :D :D smiley_beertoast
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Banjo picker

Quote from: Raider Bill on June 24, 2020, 01:13:26 PM
Lol, everything in there is a IPA or Pale Ale but I do keep a couple butt lights for my friends with less fortunate taste buds and palettes
Same here Raider... keep the B lite for those who think they like beer.

doc henderson

add this to a mic ultra, PBR, MHL  

Sedgehammer

@doc henderson  I'll do my best to stay unacquired......  lol

Sedgehammer

Quote from: doc henderson on June 24, 2020, 08:22:30 PM
add this to a mic ultra, PBR, MHL  

There's another one of them thar there acquired things.... :o

Ianab

When you can't decide what beer to buy a local brewery has you covered. 

There's IPA, APA and a NZ version (Aotearoa), and 3 other interesting brews.  

Weekend warrior, Peterson JP test pilot, Dolmar 7900 and Stihl MS310 saws and  the usual collection of power tools :)

Sedgehammer

Nebraska

@Raider Bill .....I spied a Bell's Two Hearted in that line up, may I compliment your choice.  That one is a favorite.  
@Sedgehammer  tell me about your outdoor  projector screen and projector, in the picture?  My daughter has one and I built a frame to hang her screen on its about 5x8 but I'd entertain the thought of a little bigger scale and better sound.

Sedgehammer

@Nebraska That was at a local, well I say local,  30 miles away local drive in. We wanna get one though. Prolly not until we build the cabana though. 

Nebraska

Oh shoot, I didn't look closely enough. I thought maybe you had one out there by that pond. Our local drive in movie theater is about 70 miles away in Neligh, NE. Might be the last one in the state.

Thank You Sponsors!