Started by mike_belben, April 20, 2021, 08:13:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

moodnacreek

HemlockKing

You'd never know that dog was even feral now. Looks healthy as a ox. Well done 
A1

mike_belben

Quote from: Tacotodd on July 24, 2021, 03:36:21 AM
It looks like she starting to put on weight now that the parasites are not eating all the nutrients.
Yes.  What a difference since april.  Knowing who she is in good health makes me realize she was almost dead when she dragged her sorry ash to my fence.

Before:

After:

Quote from: HemlockKing on July 24, 2021, 08:58:42 AM
You'd never know that dog was even feral now. Looks healthy as a ox. Well done
Well, it turns out she wasnt feral.  Has a spay tattoo.  How she went from being fixed to homeless and starving to death i dont know.   A while back a neighbor recognized her at my house as a wild dog he had fed a few times over at his place but ran her off when she was ripping his garbage bags open.  Im gonna guess thats when she went seeking and found the hole in my fence that let her raid the rotted out sides of my burn barrel at night.  I kept thinking it was bella.
I still dont know what she is.  Doubtful any sort of coyote blood.  It was her meager demeaner from being ill that made me say "this isnt ordinary domesticated animal."   She behaved like a fawn.  Total silence, all motions supressed until the very last second to escape something.  That sorta thing.  
She was definitely once an indoor dog.  But very much a vermin hunting outdoor guard dog now.  Nothing gets by her.  she hunts the tall grass every day at dusk and dawn like clockwork.  Still more aloof than my other but a lot more lovey than she was.

Praise The Lord

newoodguy78

The shine of her coat is a dead giveaway she's well cared for now.

Nebraska

Bruno of NH

Thank you Mike for taking her in and giving her a new life.
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

Roxie

I love her!  

"Bless the beasts and the children 
For in this world 
They have no choice 
They have no voice"

Happy tears...
Say when

WDH

You are a good man, Mike Belben. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

mike_belben

Thanks guys.  Weve been trying to rescue a family member and children on my wifes side for atleast a year now and what a pile of extended drama that is.  If only people were as simple and as appreciative as dogs!  Fixing the dog up was so quick and easy. 
Praise The Lord

mike_belben

Three Rescued Mutts - YouTube

Theres my trio.. Bella, Pity and Roxie.  All free rescue mutts. 

Praise The Lord

mike_belben

House sitting for a friend who is in denial about their dogs mange.  Thinks he is "allergic to flea bites" but theres no fleas on him or me when im there. 

His tail is bare in the middle and rump is on its way.  He is gonna need hair on it soon or hes gonna end up frostbitten out on the unheated porch. 

Praise The Lord

WDH

You have a fine pack.

My Veterinarian daughter has some very interesting stories, not about the patients, but the clueless neglectable and the just plain neglectable patient owners. "Your dog has wire in his stomach.  How long has he been throwing up?"  "Oh, about two weeks."   It can be very sad, and there are some sad outcomes.  

Some people should not be allowed to have pets or children.  
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

mike_belben

Thanks danny.  Bank account still empty but the Lord keeps adding to my riches.  

Praise The Lord

mike_belben

finally pinned this little runt to hold still for a picture!

Praise The Lord

doc henderson

markings on the face, make it look like she has a big smile, and I am sure she does.  Not sure @Roxie will appreciate you posting bare chested pics of her namesake on the internet!!!   :) :) :)
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Ron Scott

~Ron

Roxie

Say when

mike_belben

1 pill.  nexgard spectra mail ordered from australia.  

Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!