iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

repeat customer

Started by slider, May 11, 2021, 06:23:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

slider

Working for great customer that is always a challenge . The place is immaculate . picture this because my phone camera is broke or i would send pix. big nice house with an indoor pool with a palm to remove 12 niches from the wall , can't drop it . it will have to be lifted out in sections . we can do it with my knuckle boom crane. So many roses along the drive . Vineyards , arbors , more different plants and trees to keep up with.

When i gave the quote i said let me bring a crane in on 2 trees . he said he will only use you ,you figure out how to do it , so we will.

We finished today pressure washing the 50 ft telescope . it was another challenge.

he has been a fine repeat customer because of good cleanup and fair pricing . 

when we finish i will post .

The other telescope we don't have to worry about it is under a building that the roof rolls back.
al glenn

mike_belben

im familiar with fussy customers and never want to meet another one.  but id love to see what a roll open roof looks like. 
Praise The Lord

slider

Mike the roof looks like any other and you would not know there is a telescope inside

Actually he is not hard to please if you don't mess up his yard . he has so many different stuff every where . It is always a challenge to work there but i don't mind . 

When he needs us he tells his caretaker to call the woodsman . I am good with that.
al glenn

Southside

Never saw a roll open roof like that but did see a house once that rotated during the day to follow the sun! 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

Tacotodd

@Southside that would be one interesting house! 
Trying harder everyday.

customsawyer

Slider, you're the man.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Raider Bill

The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

BradMarks

Top of The Mart in New Orleans has a rotating bar on top. At least the last time I was there. Don't have to drink much and you're still spinning around! :D

slider

Raider bill and Jake i will be the man if we can get that palm away from his glass covered pool tomorrow.
al glenn

Texas Ranger

When we were first married we met an old retired couple though  a mutual friend.  We had coffee a time or two, and then the retired couple invited us and our mutual friend to dinner. 

Wowzer!

the house was built around treated power poles, the ground level was a garage, the second floor was the living area, the third floor the bed rooms.  It was a round house with a plexiglass roof.  The house was in the woods, on the side of the  pond.  The two floors had an atrium, the third floor had balconies over the first floor with bougainvillea in pots overhanging the first floor.  In the spring they left the doors open and humming birds would come in to the floors.

This poor country boy was surprised to say the least, these folks were down to earth old school that had sold their 6 department stores and came home.

Oh, forgot the twin baby grands that the retired wife and her sister played.

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

slider

Texas ranger this man started years ago in a garage now he is one of the biggest employers in our county . They supply plastic pellets to extrusion plants . yes he is very wealthy but i give him a fair price and not cheap but i charge him the same rate as others. Except if they are on limited income and have problems ,then i reduce my rate if i can. it has worked for 11 years and we keep work. 
al glenn

slider

We got the palm down off the pool house , my guys were not concerned but i was on the crane , one mistake and we go backwards ,$$$ . Finished with 3 more pines one large in a 10 ft window . it was a good day . 
al glenn

Andries

Good work Slider. 
Tree work is all or nothin' kinda work.
Jake and Bill might say you're a Man, but I've known that about you for years.
An' I'll bet Ms Vicky will back me up on that.
With your drive and skill set, I'd say you're my hero!
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

slider

Andries thanks for the praise but it is not deserved . most people on here that don't know you don't know that you do the same thing with your son. Therefor you know exactly where i am at and what i am thinking on a job.

I have had a young lad with me for 3 years that has become close to a second son to me .He can do most anything in tree removal . We use him on the weekends ,he has a great job with the co-op doing line work . I can see him up in the bucket and watch his head moving read his mind . 

My other helper is close to my age but pulling a tree with the rope and skid steer there is no better . 

We save the bad jobs for our young buck. And there are many bad jobs.
al glenn

Thank You Sponsors!