iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Just a weather vane

Started by Jeff, June 01, 2021, 06:41:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff

Tammy and I were out doing some country yard saleing Saturday. I had heard about this, but to happen upon it by accident was really cool.  @Roxie you are going to love this.

Old Iron Shangrila - YouTube
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Roxie

You are correct sir!  When I saw the weather vane I loved it, but to find out it was full size blew my mind!  

You get a virtual hug!  

Say when

mike_belben

Praise The Lord

Jeff

This should be one of those if you come to the pig roast a gottago see thing. It takes a bit to wow me , and I may have said wow several while times standing there.

Sedgehammer

That is so cool! Does it actually rotate with the wind?
Necessity is the engine of drive

doc henderson

Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Lostinmn

I'd like to see the barn it came off of....   ;D

doc henderson

need to rig a bit of black smoke out the exhaust!  assuming it is diesel.   :D :D :D
Timber king 2000, 277c track loader, PJ 32 foot gooseneck, 1976 F700 state dump truck, JD 850 tractor.  2007 Chevy 3500HD dually, home built log splitter 18 horse 28 gpm with 5 inch cylinder and 32 inch split range with conveyor powered by a 12 volt tarp motor

Sedgehammer

Quote from: doc henderson on June 01, 2021, 01:50:36 PM
need to rig a bit of black smoke out the exhaust!  assuming it is diesel.   :D :D :D
oh that'd be so cool. cool enough matters not what fuel it used in it's past life
Necessity is the engine of drive

coalsmok

:o Didn't get the scale of it on my first look. Then is noticed how small the power pole looks compared to it. 

thecfarm

Now that's a weather vane!!!
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Jeff

:o Didn't get the scale of it on my first look. Then is noticed how small the power pole looks compared to it.

Not a single picture does it justice. One  picture I took of 3 tractors in a tree. In the video you can't really see, or in the photo either, there is a tractor completly in the tree.

hedgerow

Jeff that's really neat. Thanks for posting. About fifty miles south of me a gentlemen has a 40's B John Deere with his mail box on it along the highway. If you are ever going south on I-29 between St Joe and KC there is a full sized semi on a couple of poles by a truck stop. 

Tacotodd

It took me a while of looking and I had to "enlarge" the pic, but I finally saw that 3rd unit. Just, HOW?

I can only imagine.
Trying harder everyday.

HemlockKing

I have been wanting to make a whirligig in which it powers a man chopping wood with axe. 
A1

HemlockKing

Quote from: Jeff on June 03, 2021, 07:07:47 AM

:o Didn't get the scale of it on my first look. Then is noticed how small the power pole looks compared to it.

Not a single picture does it justice. One  picture I took of 3 tractors in a tree. In the video you can't really see, or in the photo either, there is a tractor completly in the tree.

But why ?  :D :D
A1

Jeff

If you have to ask why, it's because you are missing your artsy fartsy bone.

HemlockKing

Quote from: Jeff on June 03, 2021, 09:54:39 PM
If you have to ask why, it's because you are missing your artsy fartsy bone.
I knew it’s for looksies I just ...would never put tractors in a tree. Would definitely get my attention though ...interesting :D
A1

goose63

@hedgerow the first time I seen that truck was 43 years ago
goose
if you find your self in a deep hole stop digging
saw logs all day what do you get lots of lumber and a day older
thank you to all the vets

Magicman

Cadillac Ranch at Amarillo, TX:  LINK
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Resonator

Boondocks truckstop in central Iowa on I 35 had a weather vane made out of an Allis Chalmers tractor, along with a VW bug flower planter, been years since I've been out that way. As for trucks made into elevated billboards, I saw quite a few traveling across the country.
Under bark there's boards and beams, somewhere in between.
Cuttin' while its green, through a steady sawdust stream.
I'm chasing the sawdust dream.

Proud owner of a Wood-Mizer 2017 LT28G19

Magicman

There is a whole tractor/trailer rig standing up in Oklahoma on I35 just South of the OK/Kansas state line.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

dogone

A helicopter weathervane beside trans Canada highway near swift current, sask. The guy who did it doesn't fly and has no big interest in helicopters. Just did it because he could. To much money.
    No photo's 

Wudman

Quote from: hedgerow on June 03, 2021, 09:51:00 AM
Jeff that's really neat. Thanks for posting. About fifty miles south of me a gentlemen has a 40's B John Deere with his mail box on it along the highway. If you are ever going south on I-29 between St Joe and KC there is a full sized semi on a couple of poles by a truck stop.
On I-95 south of Benson, NC there's an 18 wheeler with a box van upside down on a billboard advertising a Recovery / Towing Business.
"You may tear down statues and burn buildings but you can't kill the spirit of patriots and when they've had enough this madness will end."
Charlie Daniels
July 4, 2020 (2 days before his death)

btulloh

Wudman, have you ever checked out Bob Cage'sfield full of industrial art pieces?  Worth a look for sure. Just east of South Boston on Cage rd just off 360 so not far from you.  

(Was going to link, but it's on flickr.  Search Bob Cage Sculpture Farm)
HM126

Thank You Sponsors!