The Forestry Forum is sponsored in part by:

iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Forestry Forum
Sponsored by:

TimberKing Sawmills

Toll Free 1-800-582-0470

LogRite Tools

Norwood Industries Inc.

Your source for Portable Sawmills, Edgers, Resaws, Sharpeners, Setters, Bandsaw Blades and Sawmill Parts

EZ Boardwalk Sawmills. More Saw For Less Money!

STIHLDealers.com sponsored by Northeast STIHL

Woodland Sawmills

Peterson Swingmills

KASCO SharpTech WoodMaxx Blades

Turbosawmill

Sawmill Exchange

Michigan Firewood, your BRUTE FORCE Authorized Dealer

Baker Products

ECHO-Bearcat

iDRY Wood Lumber Vacuum Drying for everyon

Nyle Kiln Dry Systems

Chainsawr, The Worlds Largest Inventory of Chainsaw Parts

Smith Sawmill Service

Author Topic: 76 674 international  (Read 1088 times)

Online mike_belben

• Senior Member x2
  • Pulp Friction
    • Share Post
Re: 76 674 international
« Reply #20 on: June 19, 2021, 02:55:35 PM »
When you put the king quad back together, put a $10 aftermarket fuel petcock.  The vacuum one is trash.  Also delete the fuel pump under the fender.. Just run a line out of the tank to a clear filter to the carb.  Blow in the vent hole to prime it first time and plug the extra carb ports.  Otherwise these notoriously drain the gas into the engine until its full. Youll have a lot of new junk oil to burn that way.

Oh and saw the bolt feet off back of the airbox.  Theyre terrible to get in.  I put a generic starter solenoid on the rack with a lawn battery so i never have to pull plastics again!
Proverbs 19:11

Online HemlockKing

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #21 on: June 19, 2021, 04:55:20 PM »
Nice ride.  What motor and injection pump?
Diesel. Im not even sure on the injection pump. Im gonna be learning a lot about it shortly though lol 

Online HemlockKing

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #22 on: June 19, 2021, 04:57:16 PM »
When you put the king quad back together, put a $10 aftermarket fuel petcock.  The vacuum one is trash.  Also delete the fuel pump under the fender.. Just run a line out of the tank to a clear filter to the carb.  Blow in the vent hole to prime it first time and plug the extra carb ports.  Otherwise these notoriously drain the gas into the engine until its full. Youll have a lot of new junk oil to burn that way.

Oh and saw the bolt feet off back of the airbox.  Theyre terrible to get in.  I put a generic starter solenoid on the rack with a lawn battery so i never have to pull plastics again!
Oh its been together for over a year. I believe when I put it back together I capped the vacuum to the carb and just bypassed it. I remember thinking what in the heck with this contraption, just give me a normal design

Online mike_belben

• Senior Member x2
  • Pulp Friction
    • Share Post
« Reply #23 on: June 19, 2021, 07:18:43 PM »
Keep tabs you arent 'makin oil' in the site glass. 

Online HemlockKing

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #24 on: June 20, 2021, 05:46:52 AM »
Looking to change the hydraulic fluid. I cant find a service manual. Is this the drain plug for the hydraulic? And I understand this uses hy-trans fluid? I assume the power steering is powered by that too? Thanks anyone who can help . 

Offline thecfarm

• Senior Member x2
  • If I don't do it,it don't get done
    • Share Post
« Reply #25 on: June 20, 2021, 05:51:39 AM »
Good luck with the tractor.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Online HemlockKing

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #26 on: June 20, 2021, 05:59:24 AM »
Good luck with the tractor.
Thanks c farm. Its exciting. Its my first big piece of machinery. 

Offline thecfarm

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #27 on: June 20, 2021, 10:10:30 AM »
That looks like a deep bucket. Sure was not used to dig rocks with.  ;D 
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

Online HemlockKing

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #28 on: June 20, 2021, 10:19:31 AM »
That looks like a deep bucket. Sure was not used to dig rocks with.  ;D
Its definitely a big bucket, it needs a bit of work, rusting away in spots, still lots of integrity though, I filled it with stones to fill parts to the woods road so far.

Online HemlockKing

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #29 on: June 20, 2021, 10:22:22 AM »
I am needing to do a few hydraulic fitting repairs. It seems fluid from there on the 3 pt and one side of the front end loader. Hopefully just o rings 

Online mike_belben

• Senior Member x2
  • Pulp Friction
    • Share Post
« Reply #30 on: June 20, 2021, 03:58:21 PM »
On SAE fittings it probably is just the O ring. 

Offline farmfromkansas

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #31 on: June 20, 2021, 04:12:45 PM »
The drain plugs for the hydraulic rear end and trans oil are in the bottom.  Think I had to take about 4 plugs to get it all out of my 986.  And the replacement oil from Case is Hy-Tran, for hydraulic transmission fluid.  I bought my oil from NAPA this spring, they have a yearly oil and filter sale.  You can also use HG fluid from Phillips 66, many other oils, think the cheap oil from some farm supply stores has been sued out of business, got a check from some law firm for 20 bucks from some oil I bought at Orsheln supply to put in my log splitter. Change the filters as well. If you have a Case dealer nearby, they could show you what filters to change, if they are any good.  Went to my Case dealer one time, asked to see the repair manual on my skidsteer, which I bought from them, they would not let me see it.  Haven't bought any more case equipment either.
Most everything I enjoy doing turns out to be work

Online HemlockKing

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #32 on: June 20, 2021, 04:24:56 PM »
The drain plugs for the hydraulic rear end and trans oil are in the bottom.  Think I had to take about 4 plugs to get it all out of my 986.  And the replacement oil from Case is Hy-Tran, for hydraulic transmission fluid.  I bought my oil from NAPA this spring, they have a yearly oil and filter sale.  You can also use HG fluid from Phillips 66, many other oils, think the cheap oil from some farm supply stores has been sued out of business, got a check from some law firm for 20 bucks from some oil I bought at Orsheln supply to put in my log splitter. Change the filters as well. If you have a Case dealer nearby, they could show you what filters to change, if they are any good.  Went to my Case dealer one time, asked to see the repair manual on my skidsteer, which I bought from them, they would not let me see it.  Haven't bought any more case equipment either.
Thanks for the info. Nearest dealer is 3 hours away unfortunately. Napa it is. Hopefully they have the hydraulic o rings too. How can they not. Small town Napa store though lol 

Online HemlockKing

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #33 on: June 20, 2021, 04:26:02 PM »
For motorcycles and atvs incan usually find a free pdf version service manual but I cant seem to find one for this tractor, I may cave and spend the 30$ for one 

Online HemlockKing

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #34 on: June 20, 2021, 04:51:02 PM »
Well I must say, the yellow jackets love the tractor. It was a battle all day with them lol 

Online mike_belben

• Senior Member x2
  • Pulp Friction
    • Share Post
« Reply #35 on: June 20, 2021, 11:17:09 PM »
Dont get raked over coals on the O rings.. Nothing special.  I got charged $13 each on 2 itty bitty generics at case a few year ago.  Coulda bought 1000pcs of the same chicom generics @ HF for that.   Ive used the HF junk on many many hydraulic parts over the years without issue. 

Online HemlockKing

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #36 on: June 21, 2021, 05:02:36 AM »
Dont get raked over coals on the O rings.. Nothing special.  I got charged $13 each on 2 itty bitty generics at case a few year ago.  Coulda bought 1000pcs of the same chicom generics @ HF for that.   Ive used the HF junk on many many hydraulic parts over the years without issue.
What is the abbreviation HF?  :)

Offline thecfarm

• Senior Member x2
    • Share Post
« Reply #37 on: June 21, 2021, 05:19:52 AM »
Harbor Freight. A cheap place to buy tools. Some of the tools are cheap and will break with hard usage, but some OK for only a year usage. I buy black electrical tape and the steel cutting blades for a saw. A great place to buy cotter pins too.

Online HemlockKing

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #38 on: June 21, 2021, 06:11:30 AM »
Harbor Freight. A cheap place to buy tools. Some of the tools are cheap and will break with hard usage, but some OK for only a year usage. I buy black electrical tape and the steel cutting blades for a saw. A great place to buy cotter pins too.
Our place of cheap tools is Canadian tire. No HF here. Or princess auto which is my usual 

Online HemlockKing

• I'm new!
    • Share Post
« Reply #39 on: June 21, 2021, 09:12:18 AM »

Got some cross threading action going on here seems to be a culprit too. I assume they sell these fittings at part stores? 

Share via delicious Share via digg Share via facebook Share via linkedin Share via pinterest Share via reddit Share via stumble Share via tumblr Share via twitter

xx
International sa8

Started by loggerman1959 on Forestry and Logging

4 Replies
Last post August 27, 2015, 06:10:18 PM
by lynde37avery
xx
International TC5 or here we go again

Started by svart ole on Forestry and Logging

31 Replies
Last post October 10, 2019, 08:11:01 PM
by Gearbox