iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Day Ended Early due to Hydraulic MicroSwitch....

Started by Dad2FourWI, June 16, 2021, 10:33:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dad2FourWI

A perfect day on the farm.... one very large White Pine down into beautiful boards.... the client will be sooo happy! The biggest one to go!

The old, salmon-colored LT40 is chugging away.... this bugger is almost too big.... just barely sliding by... life is good!!!

Top and bottom cut, now to turn 90 and start to square it up..... NO HYDRAULICS.... NONE!

Well, it has been a _long_ time since I logged in but I _know_ where to find the people who have experienced this before...... right here!!!

With a bit of reading and studying here, I traced it down to the hydraulic microswitch and will be ordering one tomorrow if my local WM (85 miles away) does not have one..... no, make that TWO!!!!  :D

I just wanted to say "THANK YOU" too all of the members who share their knowledge and experience here!!! What a wonderful resource ..... and yes, I will try harder to become one of those sharing members.... :)

I just spent over two hours reading through posts regarding the microswitch..... I even grabbed a glass of wine and just enjoyed the reading! LOL! It has been way too long!

Here's to making dust!!!!  Take care,
-Dad2FourWI
LT-40, LT-10, EG-50, Bobcat T750 CTL, Ford 1910 tractor, tree farmer

donbj

It's good to acknowledge the knowledge here. A great many contributors go unrecognized but need to know the value they create!
I may be skinny but I'm a Husky guy

Woodmizer LT40HDG24. John Deere 5300 4WD with Loader/Forks. Husky 262xp. Jonsered 2065, Husky 65, Husky 44, Husky 181XP, Husky 2100CD, Husky 185CD

Dad2FourWI

Exactly!!!!

When I blew my back out and was expecting to walk away from ever making dust again..... it was my wife and M_M who inspired me to get back up and start again!

So happy I did!!!!!   ;D

barbender

Did you jump the micro-switch, to rule out your solenoid?
Too many irons in the fire

Dad2FourWI

Yes, thanks barbender.... we kept testing and localized it to the switch.

We travelled up to Mosinee, WI to the WM distributor and Steve sold me his LAST microswitch!!!! I said I'll take two and he said "No you won't.... you holding all I have!" LOL!

We will have it installed tomorrow morning and all will be good and then I am going to order another to have in the WM Cabinet for when this happens again. What's the old saying... "Two is One, One is None"

Thanks to all.... one more maintenance issue under the belt!
-Dad2FourWI

Magicman

This Omron V-10G4-1C24-K cost me less than $3.00 and has been working for over 18 years.  I also bought a couple of "extras" that are still in the plastic bag.  Google is your friend.
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Southside

Yes, but adjusted for inflation you actually paid $814.63 for that switch.  :D
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

leather neck

Magicman

Just Google that part number and you will find many sources,
Knothole Sawmill, LLC     '98 Wood-Mizer LT40SuperHydraulic   WM Million BF Club Member   WM Pro Sawyer Network

It's Weird being the Same Age as Old People

Never allow your "need" to make money to exceed your "desire" to provide quality service.....The Magicman

Sixacresand

While waiting on replacement, I hotwired a door bell switch to press when I needed hydraulics. 
"Sometimes you can make more hay with less equipment if you just use your head."  Tom, Forestry Forum.  Tenth year with a LT40 Woodmizer,

Thank You Sponsors!