iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Service Dogs

Started by Bruno of NH, August 31, 2021, 03:38:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruno of NH

I'm see some media stories
Don't know if it's true or not.
The military left service dogs at the Kabul airport when they left.
If it's true , this is so wrong.
I thought the military left no member behind.   >:(
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

snobdds

I read about it too...it makes a person sad, mad and helpless all at the same time. 

:-X

Southside

Where did you read about that? I did see a photo of a passenger car in the back of an aircraft being flown out. 

Wonder what Eric Prince would charge to air drop Miley and Austin into Bagram, let them share a parachute. Miley loves to display his Ranger badge after all. 
Franklin buncher and skidder
JD Processor
Woodmizer LT Super 70 and LT35 sawmill, KD250 kiln, BMS 250 sharpener and setter
Riehl Edger
Woodmaster 725 and 4000 planner and moulder
Enough cows to ensure there is no spare time.
White Oak Meadows

whiskers

night before last Ollie North said that the Marines were already out of the country. If their dogs had been left behind we would have heard plenty by now.  82 Airborne must have closed out the mission. Their 2 star was last to board final flight.
many irons in the fire.........

Bruno of NH

A dog rescue group 
They are trying to raise money to bring the dogs to Germany. Then back to the US 
Lt 40 wide with 38hp gas and command controls , F350 4x4 dump and lot of contracting tools

WV Sawmiller

Do you think they are on the up and up? I get calls daily for people supposedly raising money for police and firefighters. Some may actually get to them but...
Howard Green
WM LT35HDG25(2015) , 2011 4WD F150 Ford Lariat PU, Kawasaki 650 ATV, Stihl 440 Chainsaw, homemade logging arch (w/custom built rear log dolly), JD 750 w/4' wide Bushhog brand FEL

Dad always said "You can shear a sheep a bunch of times but you can only skin him once

whiskers

many irons in the fire.........

Nebraska

I sure as h hope not!  I read that this morning and well, it bothered me deeply.   Such a poorly designed withdrawal.   I not comment more here.

Runningalucas

Quote from: whiskers on August 31, 2021, 07:12:28 PM
No, the military did not leave its working dogs behind, DoD says
The dogs left behind look to be private contractor dogs, as well as pets of US personal, and citizens in the country. 
Having that said, I doubt they'd have been left behind had we withdrawn civilians, and the weaker assets first, as Trump had planned.  Biden's shown he's incompetent.
Life is short, tragedy is instant, it's what we do with our time in between that matters.  Always strive to do better, to be better.

mike_belben

do not forget that all nations have access to the internet and the large consortium of nations who hate western society are very very busy right now designing viral demoralization propoganda to be inserted into twitter, fakebook, tik tok youtube etc etc etc etc.

this is a very old maneuver.  its how america slam dunk won the tet offensive in vietnam yet was completely ashamed by it back home.  by the propagandists pen, not by his sword.  vietnam and the sandbox are both ambushes we should not have entered because we entered them on the enemies terms and are leaving on the enemies terms.  staying longer and losing more lives will not change that.
Praise The Lord

Nebraska

Absolutely true Mike.   We have the most well funded and equipped military in the world...withdrawal  should have been well planned and orderly.   

cutterboy

Our soldiers have done a great job. Our leaders have not.
To underestimate old men and old machines is the folly of youth. Frank C.

Bruno of NH

Poorly planed by our leaders.
I'm very attached to dogs.
The loyalty and friendship are hard to match. Smiley keeps an eye on me all day at the mill.
A customer comes near me and she lays between them and I till she feals comfortable. 

Ed_K

A friend of Rita's son has been there since Jan. He told `his mom that they started moving people out of Country soon after he got there. If he relays info about the service dogs I'll post it. The stuff your seeing on the tv is bs.
Ed K

mike_belben

i would put more stock in what ritas son has to say than CNN, FOX, NYT and washington post put together.  because thats just a regular old patriot who showed up to do the work, and surely not for the money or any other personal motivation.  that is much more likely to be an honest and trustworthy source of information.

lot more id like to say but not appropriate for public 
Praise The Lord

mike_belben

Quote from: Nebraska on September 01, 2021, 10:47:14 PMwithdrawal  should have been well planned and orderly.  
when you are playing the game correctly, withdrawal includes a full submission by your opponent who just got his bell rung so hard he doesnt ever dream of taking another swing at you again.  japan comes to mind.  and is proof you can be friends after. 
war is terrible, its ugly, its brutal, i didnt invent it, i dont like it.  but that doesnt make it noble to lose. 
Praise The Lord

Thank You Sponsors!