iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Yanmar got me scratching my head

Started by POSTON WIDEHEAD, September 16, 2021, 06:55:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

POSTON WIDEHEAD

My Yanmar engine on my LT40 Widehead is spitting oil from the front main seal behind the radiator.
At this time it just a small small weep.
However when the regen starts and the engine heats up evidently the oil is thinned from the heat and she flows pretty good.

Engine is 3 years old with 1736 hours on it.
Called Woodmizer to see if they had an engine warranty and what was the time length.
Have not heard back from them in a week.

However I'm not sitting around.
Still sawing and keeping a eye on the oil level and discharge.

I have ordered the Yanmar Front Seal and now have it in stock.

Not a very big job but a little aggravation getting to it.

Anyone else have this happen on your Yanmar?
The older I get I wish my body could Re-Gen.

tacks Y

No other problems? Crank breather open? Have you tried the absorbent pads to catch the leak? I have 2 autos with leaky rear mains, what a pain but not worth fixing yet.

customsawyer

I've had to replace the rear main seal on mine a few years back. It was actually pretty easy. Took all the pulleys off the back of the engine. Put a couple of small screws into the metal portion of the seal. Gently pulled it out with a claw hammer on the screws. Tap in the new seal and reassemble everything. It is probably leaking worse during regen due to increase in heat and expansion.
Two LT70s, Nyle L200 kiln, 4 head Pinheiro planer, 30" double surface Cantek planer, Lucas dedicated slabber, Slabmizer, and enough rolling stock and chainsaws to keep it all running.
www.thecustomsawyer.com

Silverfoxfintry

When you fit the new seal remember to use oil or grease when fitting it.
If it is dry when you start the engine you can damage the lip of the seal in a few seconds.
Take care.
Silverfox.

Thank You Sponsors!