iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Mystery Hydraulic Valve

Started by upnut, May 04, 2022, 06:09:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

upnut

The new to me JD 2240 came with a JD 145 loader with the standard two lever controls, one for the boom and one for the bucket. There is a third valve which is a mystery to me mounted above the standard controls. Push forward it stays engaged, pull back is momentary and returns to neutral when released. Puzzled as to application, possible uses. Maybe used to power a seed/fertilizer auger or a log splitter? 

Any ideas or suggestions are welcome...

Scott B.
I did not fall, there was a GRAVITY SURGE!

rusticretreater

As the handle locks into the open position it is for a constant pressure system. Probably for 3 pt hitch mounted equipment. Woodmizer sells a log splitter that mounts like that.
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

TroyC

My TYM has rear hydraulics. I put a hydraulic top link on it. If you push the control lever hard enough it will lock in either position. I have to be careful to 'bump' the top link to the desired position. Like the previous post, I assume that if you lock the lever in a position it will constant flow the fluid to the connectors,  possible for a hydraulic bush hog motor or whatever. I've been looking at a backhoe for the tractor and I figure the lever would have to lock to provide constant flow to a 3 point backhoe.

DaleK

Trace the hoses and see where it goes. My 145 has three levers because it's plumbed for a third function on the loader but it's just a 3 lever bank of the regular two levers, yours looks and sounds like something different. Is your loader a factory/dealer install with the hydraulics run right from the pump or was it maybe added later and plumbed from the rear remote?
Hud-Son Oscar 330
Wallenstein FX110
Echo chainsaws and a whole bunch of tractors

upnut

DaleK- I believe the loader is a factory/dealer install, the rear remote is not in use. 

Scott B.

rusticretreater

Oh I forgot to mention that.  Where the hookup comes from is important as the different ports might provide different pressures.  You need to know how much pressure you have at the valve lines so you don't get an attachment that won't work due to low/high pressure.  You might also be able to adjust that pressure using shims.
Woodland Mills HM130 Max w/ Lap siding upgrade
Kubota BX25
Wicked Grapple, Wicked Toothbar
Homemade Log Arch
Big Tex 17' trailer with Log Arch
Warn Winches 8000lb and 4000lb
Husqvarna 562xp
2,000,000th Forestry Forum Post

hedgerow

Was the extra valve used for a grapple on the loader?

upnut

hedgerow- No evidence of that, but a great idea for a future use! 

Scott B.

moodnacreek

I don't know what it does but it is called the 3rd valve.

upnut

Quote from: moodnacreek on May 05, 2022, 01:14:23 PM
I don't know what it does but it is called the 3rd valve.
And just like that, no more mystery!   8)

Thank You Sponsors!