iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Sewing Machine Cabinet

Started by Planman1954, October 02, 2022, 10:45:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Planman1954

Recently I made a walnut cabinet for my wife's industrial sewing machine. We picked it up a few years ago for a few hundred. She had just been placing it on a tabletop, but it was awkward feeding the material since the legs lifted it above the counter about 4" 

So I made a cabinet with a recessed hole in it for the machine to fit into for a flush top, you know like a REAL sewing machine cabinet is supposed to be!😂

Anywho, it was a bit complicated for the interior casework, but it turned out great....and she was happy. Whew!

Here's a few pictures:

Norwood Lumbermate 2000 / Solar Dry Kiln /1943 Ford 9n tractor

beenthere

Nice woodworking, and your wife is very fortunate.  8)
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

firefighter ontheside

Woodmizer LT15
Kubota Grand L4200
Stihl 025, MS261 and MS362
2017 F350 Diesel 4WD
Kawasaki Mule 4010
1998 Dodge 3500 Flatbed

boonesyard

LT50 wide
Riehl Steel Edger
iDRY Standard kiln
BMS 250/BMT 250
JD 4520 w/FEL
Cat TH255 Telehandler
lots of support equipment and not enough time

"I ain't here for a long time, I'm here for a good time"

Andries

Q: "How many clamps will we need?"
A: "Two more than we have in the shop." 😉 
Nice work, and for an industrial machine, sturdy too. 
LT40G25
Ford 545D loader
Stihl chainsaws

21incher

That is beautiful.  Can't  let my wife see it because she has been asking for something  similar for years. Thanks  for sharing. 
Hudson HFE-21 on a custom trailer, Deere 4100, Kubota BX 2360, Echo CS590 & CS310, home built wood splitter, home built log arch, a logrite cant hook and a bread machine. And a Kubota Sidekick with a Defective Subaru motor.

aigheadish

Hmm, great work! 

I'll have to take a look at my wife's setup, I don't think hers is in a recessed hole either and I bet she'd love it, though my version wouldn't be nearly as nice as yours. She also hasn't sewed a thing since we got a puppy, except for the dog bed that is getting repairs from where the puppy is attempting to eat it. 
New Holland LB75b, Husqvarna 455 Rancher, Husqvarna GTH52XLS, Hammerhead 250, Honda VTX1300 for now and probably for sale (let me know if you are interested!)

Planman1954

Thanks fellers! I just like to see progress photos of folks building things.👍

Tom King

Looks great, but I can't let my Wife see it either.  Her industrial sewing machines, that we bought at auctions, are still in the original delaminating particleboard tables.  These are in holes in the top. 

metalspinner

I do what the little voices in my wife's head tell me to do.

pineywoods

That cabinet is nice, BUT you should see all the other super nice stuff he has crafted. He has a faboulous home he designed and built and then filled it with custom built furniture. I am blessed to have Planman as a neighbor and friend. We swap logs, materials, labor, ideas etc. The only place he messed up was building that nice house and fine furniture and THEN bought a bandmill.
1995 Wood Mizer LT 40, Liquid cooled kawasaki,homebuilt hydraulics. Homebuilt solar dry kiln.  Woodmaster 718 planner, Kubota M4700 with homemade forks and winch, stihl  028, 029, Ms390
100k bd ft club.Charter member of The Grumpy old Men

DWyatt

Something about doing a simple design and letting the wood do the talking just has a special place in my heart. Complex curves and millwork have their place, but sometimes you have to let the simplicity of the piece and the beauty of the wood be what makes people take a second look.

Planman1954

Quote from: pineywoods on October 03, 2022, 07:21:12 PM
That cabinet is nice, BUT you should see all the other super nice stuff he has crafted. He has a faboulous home he designed and built and then filled it with custom built furniture. I am blessed to have Planman as a neighbor and friend. We swap logs, materials, labor, ideas etc. The only place he messed up was building that nice house and fine furniture and THEN bought a bandmill.

And my best friend will NEVER let me live that down! Just kidding. Pineywoods is the one I turn to every time I don't know WHERE to turn! He really is the best friend anyone could ask for. For those that know him, know I speak the truth. 

Thank You Sponsors!