iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Checking out the sponsor’s web sites.  

Started by Bibbyman, October 01, 2003, 08:26:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gilman

WM LT70, WM 40 Super, WM  '89 40HD
Cat throwing champion 1996, 1997, 1999. (retired)

Jeff

pretty cool. I dont usually take much time for other websites to tell ya the truth but I just spent an hour and a half there! :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

Bibbyman

I had someone ask me what happened to the listing of used sawmills on the new Wood-Mizer web site.  I looked and couldn't find it either.  I got with a friend at WM and was told to look under the online store.  There it was - just one little line of text on the top of the page.

I don't know that there are a lot of people in the market for used WM mills but I suspect there are a good number that like to see what's available and what the asking prices are.

Here is the link... Used Wood-Mizer mills

Hay!  They've got an LT15 listed!  Never seen that before..
Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

MULE_MAN

Well I checked out the sponsors & order a 60" LogRite cant hook on line the other day. LogRite E-Mail me back & wanted to know where I heard about them .
I E-Mail back & say Forestry Forum   8) 8) 8)
Wood-Mizer LT40HDG25 with Simple Setworks, debatker, 580 CASE backhoe

Bibbyman

I've spent a couple of hours out looking at our great sponsor's web sites again. 

Here are a few things I've found that I've not seen before.  I admit I'm not that familiar with all the sponsors as I am with the band mill guys so if I've missed anything new on the other web sites,  please point them out.

Have you checked out the Wood-Mizer Europe web site lately?

Wood-Mizer Europe

I was poking around out there and saw all kinds of products and options that are not available here in the USA.

I found...

A series of mills designated the LT20 that look to be very similar to the newly introduced LT28 - except it looks to be available with a couple of different electric motors and a 22 hp diesel engine.  It looks to be available in a hydraulic version too.  There is a hydraulic loading arm option for the manual mill that is powered by a hand pump.

LT20 Series Mills

Then there are two models of single head resaws.  They looked to be based on the LT70 head.  One has a head that tilts so it could produce lap siding.

Single Head Resaw

Single Head Resaw w/tilt table

Then there is a four sided molder/planer.   

Four side planer/molder

Then the LT40 and LT70 series look to be available in the 16' (LT30), 21' (LT40) and 28' bed lengths. Their designations are LT40S, LT40M, and LT40L for the 40 series and LT70M, S, & L for the 70 series.

LT70 with 28' bed

If you look close, you'll see the mill in the picture has the designation of LT80 on the cover.  Wood-Mizer demoed an LT80 at the 20'th Anniversary Party a couple of years back.  But, to my knowledge, they've not tried to sell any in the USA and have dropped them from the catalog. 

So,  it looks like you guys in Europe have a different menu to pick from.

Looks like Peterson has improved their web site since I've been out there last and has a lot of good reading.

Peterson

And as mentioned in a couple of posts already,  they are giving away tickets to the Paul Bunyan Forestry Show!

The Baker in Blue boys have some info on their new Super Streak 3650E industrial mill on their home page but I've not been able to find a link to pictures or more info.

Baker Online!

They have also added a "Coming Soon!" announcement that they will be adding a line of apparel.  (Now Arky won't have to make his own!)

D & L Double Cut has announced that they are distributing a CGI Pro-Series four sided planer

D & L Double Cut

Planer Pro

And they are now distributors for the whole LogRite tool line.

As I said,  if I missed anything on any of the other somson's web sites,  please point them out. :)

Wood-Mizer LT40HDE25 Super 25hp 3ph with Command Control and Accuset.
Sawing since '94

Part_Timer

I've been hidig out on the Peterson site here latley.   We did a demo and cut some lumber for a fund raiser last weekend and I spent a lot of time on their site making sure I had all the answers I needed for any questions that poped up.

I like they way they have redone their site. It is much easire to find all the information you are looking for.

They have redone the video section with new footage.  I just wish the ASM video was longer.  Some day I'd like to try one.  That looks like a lot of fun

there is even a video of a dedicated slabber being used to make table tops.

Tom
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

Thank You Sponsors!