iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

trees are not all wood

Started by getoverit, November 23, 2005, 10:04:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

getoverit

Since I have become interested in milling, I've started looking at trees in a different light. Lately, Ive noticed some interesting things growing out of trees. Here are two examples, which I have found right in my own back yard.

The first is a dog collar growing in a tree, about 12 ft above the ground, in a crotch of the tree

the second is one of those nifty little reflector thingies that one normally puts on their mailbox or on a ditch culvert to keep someone from running over them... I guess the reflector its self is inside the tree, with only the aluminum post left visible.

I wonder what else lurks inside these trees?
I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

isawlogs

I found out a long time ago .. that if its metal ... it can  and is probably in a tree somewhere ... and you will only find it with a saw ...  ;)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

getoverit

the picture of the dog collar didnt show up too well on the first try... let's try again... I wonder what happened to the dog?

I'm a lumberjack and I'm ok, I work all night and sleep all day

Furby

etat

Althought it might be hard to tell from the picture, this tree is growing a transmission inside of it....

either that, or it 'could' have came out of one of the old cars in this thread!!!

https://forestryforum.com/board/index.php?topic=12207.0
Old Age and Treachery will outperform Youth and Inexperence. The thing is, getting older is starting to be painful.

WH_Conley

No pics. But I found a tree growing the old type tooth harrow once. That will take the teeth off a chain.
Bill

Lenny_M

Hardest objects we have tryed to saw was a ceramic insulator we found in a chunk of apple wood, and  A armor peircing bullet found in a large pine log.
The bullet took the blade off the saw in about 2 seconds. :o
  Coustmer says" Looks like that came from my 30-06"  That well be $20 ;D

Tony

Well, I've cut a few nails and some lead shot  ::) . We've been sawing
some ERC logs that the owner said were "clean",well yesterday what do you know
ZIIINNNGGGG a marble >:( >:(

Tony  8)
TK1600, John Deere 4600 W\frontendloader, Woodmaster718 planer\moulder, Stihl MS461 Stihl 036 & 021 & Echo CS-370
"You cannot invade the mainland United States.  There would be a rifle behind each blade of grass."  Adm. Isoroku Yamamotto ( Japanese

Thank You Sponsors!