iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Border crossings !!!!

Started by isawlogs, April 15, 2007, 05:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

Ti'was 22 years ago , happenned on Easter week-end . I was gonna be a bran-spankin-new-dad in about a month or so . We where havin a good time, nice weather , the girls ( wify and SIL ) out takin in da sun yappin about what ever wimine yap about  ;D
  Da wify gets a craven ...  ::) for some orange flavored pop-sickles , me , da brave one , is sent out on da mission of finding said pop-sickles . I looked into every store there was that was opened this Easter sunday ... but ya think that they would of had a pop-sickle , one orange pop-sickle  for me to buy and bring home da prise for the cravin very much pregnant wify ... no , none .
   Well , being sent on a mission ya got to look at all available options .. right .  :P
Border is real close , North Troy is a nice little town in north Vermont , so off I go headed for the border. Get to the man , Where are you from son ...dat one was easy, ;D What will you be doing in Da USofA?? this is when I found out that from that day on , I would only ever be going to get gas.... Dont ever , here I must stress the word ever , tell da border patrol dat your going to get an orange pop-sickle . Trust me .. he aint gonna beleive you .... It took 2 hours at that border crossing to explane to this guy that I was truly going to get a dam pop-sickle for my very  very pregnant wife , and that by now it would not matter  cause her craving would be long gone and that I would just as well turn around and go home. 
  He , after looking into my car from the front bumper to the rear bumper .. and what was in between da two , told me where the store was and have a nice day ...  ::) 
  I did finally get the orange flavored pop-sickle and I sure did not tell the border officer coming back into Canada that I had bought a pop-sickle ...  Gas , tis all I got ..
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Jeff

:D

Feeling nostalgic today Marcel?  :D
Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

isawlogs

I donn know ...  :-\      Mannnnn  its snowin  again ....   more ... still ... encore ....  Its not letting up ...  :'( :'( :'( :'( 
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Fla._Deadheader

I thought all you Northreners just LOVED that white stuff  ::) ::) ::)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Jeff

says the man from New Jersey... ;)

Fla._Deadheader

BUT, I woke up and moved, 34 years ago.  :) :) :)
   First, it is ridiculed;

Jeff

Yea, but it took ya until you were 50 ta do it!  ;) :D

(As the old man from new jersey kicks my butt...) :D

Fla._Deadheader

Guess they teach a different kinda Math up der, EH ???  ::) ::) ;D ;D
   First, it is ridiculed;

SwampDonkey

Well it took a turn for the better here since yesterday afternoon. Was about 50 today and rain tomorrow and rain and.............  well not a torrent but more like showers. :D And here I was gonna snow shoe into another lot to mark out some more thinning. Oh, about 50 acres worth. ;D How boring eh? ;)
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

isawlogs

Dont git me wrong , I love da snow  :-*   But this year in particular, is really, really filled , I got no time to spare and dis snow is taking eating chewing away at the little time I have to spare . :-\
   And it has lasted long enough ....  let spring get on with it , so that summer can come around to give us fall so I can go back to hunting .  ;D :D

Marcel

SwampDonkey

Relax Marcel. Like my uncle always says, "don't rush your life away." Or was that "don't sleep your life away". ;D  smiley_headscratch

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

isawlogs

Relax...   you are telling me to relax ...   Thats all I have to do            is   relax , what I want is to be able to get out and do      do things dat need get done before I leave for da Arctic ...

Marcel

Fla._Deadheader

How do ya tell da Arctic from the rest, wit all dat white stuff  ::) ::)
   First, it is ridiculed;

isawlogs

Your not helpin Harold .....  :-\

Marcel

Fla._Deadheader

OK, Marcel

Today, I was buildin new fence, wearing cut off Jeans and work boots. Got REAL hot, and had to take a nap. Finished the fence and now I have a reddish color skin. Not burnt, just pinkish.

Got the fan running on me as I type, to keep the sweat from formin and leakin inta da keyboard.

That better, marcel ???  ::) ::) :D :D
   First, it is ridiculed;

isawlogs

Harold Just for your sweat  ;)

I had to open da door a while ago to let in some nice cool air in ... fire was a little hot ,  :)

Marcel

Furby

Marcel, I've posted these stories before, so I won't go into all the details, but I agree with you 100%! ;D
NEVER tell the border agent the real reason you are crossing if it is anything other then a vacation.
Trying to explain the reason why you are crossing at 12 am (or whatever it was) is to try and buy a fishing license, just takes forever and they truly belive you are NUTS.
Or trying to explain to the agent searching your veicle why you have a live black bird in a paper sack behind your seat.
I think the only reason they let me through was because they thought I was too crazy to hurt anyone. :D :D :D

Jeff

a live black bird in a paper sack?

:D :D :D

You are crazy!  :D

Furby

smiley_big-grin2

He could have had me arrested. :o

SwampDonkey

No wonder there isn't as many black birds this spring. Furby is bird napping.  :o But, of course it could have something to do with the snow. No, not Furby's bird napping caper.  :D :D ;D

Raider Bill

Quote from: Fla._Deadheader on April 15, 2007, 09:20:39 PM

OK, Marcel

Today, I was buildin new fence, wearing cut off Jeans and work boots. Got REAL hot, and had to take a nap. Finished the fence and now I have a reddish color skin. Not burnt, just pinkish.

Got the fan running on me as I type, to keep the sweat from formin and leakin inta da keyboard.

That better, marcel ??? ::) ::) :D :D
We had a nice tropical breeze here, middle 70's still too cold for shorts though. When will winter end this cold weather is very harsh on my suntan. smiley_daisy
The First 70 years of childhood is always the hardest.

Thank You Sponsors!