iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Buffalo socks?

Started by SwampDonkey, January 16, 2008, 05:17:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SwampDonkey

Yup, I never even heard of using buffalo fur for making yarn until a quick blurp on the TV advertising for the Community Development Corp showing a couple on PEI making yarn from buffalo fur. Here is an article from an Alaskan online news media. There is a link in the article to at least see what it looks like and order online. It's very expensive yarn though.  :o

http://www.adn.com/life/knitting/story/251700.html

I have not seen a website for the PEI business.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Dave Shepard

I am not surprised it is expensive, do you know of any good natured buffalo?

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

stonebroke

I think mike rowe harvested buffalo fur on a dirty jobs segment. I could not understand how he could do it without getting his head kicked off.

Stonebroke

WH_Conley

Aww, Mike could it if anybody could.  :D :D
Bill

ARKANSAWYER

My wife spins and knits Buffalo all the time.  You can gather the cape in the spring when they "blow their coat"  There two ranches here in the area that have them.  We also buy the hides from the Butcher/processor and shave it off.  If it is hair she will spin it.
ARKANSAWYER

leweee

;D Qiviuq.......another yarn from the Great White North. ;D
just another beaver with a chainsaw &  it's never so bad that it couldn't get worse.

SwampDonkey

Cool Lewee  ;D :D :D :D I think I read someplace that they use muskox, just never sunk in.  :D

Arky, does your wife sell any of her buffalo wool?  :)

I see a couple places around here that raise yak.
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Fla._Deadheader

I didn't knew Buffalo feet were the same size as people feet ???  ::) ::)
All truth passes through three stages:
   First, it is ridiculed;
   Second, it is violently opposed; and
   Third, it is accepted as self-evident.

-- Arthur Schopenhauer (1788-1860)

Thank You Sponsors!