iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

How about some spring pictures !!!!

Started by isawlogs, March 25, 2008, 10:20:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

isawlogs

As you all know spring arrived over the weekend , only I beleive that no one has informed mother nature of this  :P

This morning at 8:30am EST I took this pic of my thermometer  :-\

This next one is the snow along the wall of the barn , also taken this morning ... The eves are at nearly ten feet , the post in the forground is six feet out of the ground

Snow along the road leading to the farm . You can see off to the left the barn . Oh ya , thats the log/couch/who me ?/ dog .

Spring time, aint it fun   YooHoo  !!!   8)

A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Radar67

Now that just sent shivers up my spine.....

It's almost 70F here right now.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

WDH

My sympathies go out to you.  Here is a spring pic taken a year ago at my place ::)

I have to admit that it was taken about 2 weeks later in the year than now....

I hope you can dig yourself out :).
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

isawlogs

Well I guess the only good thing is I only have but one snake to worry about  :)

It will be just like your pic Daqnny , in about three months .  8)
A man does not always grow wise as he grows old , but he always grows old as he grows wise .

Marcel

Tom

Here is Greg when he visited a week ago.

WDH

It will be soon time to plant tomatoes.  I waited, and it was a good thing since it was 27 degrees F this morning. 

Marcel,  we will have to send you a tomatoe care-package ;D. 
Woodmizer LT40HDD35, John Deere 2155, Kubota M5-111, Kubota L2501, Nyle L53 Dehumidification Kiln, and a passion for all things with leafs, twigs, and bark.  hamsleyhardwood.com

Radar67

We can send him a pack of seed now and by the time they come up, he'll have clear ground.
"A man's time is the most valuable gift he can give another." TOM

If he can cling to his Blackberry, I can cling to my guns... Me

This will kill you, that will kill you, heck...life will kill you, but you got to live it!

"The man who can comprehend the why, can create the how." SFC J

semologger

Whats wrong with your gauge? it has two 50s on it never seen one like that.

Dave Shepard

isawlogs is on that new fangled metric system up there. ;)

Dave
Wood-Mizer LT40HDD51-WR Wireless, Kubota L48, Honda Rincon 650, TJ208 G-S, and a 60"LogRite!

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Texas Ranger

The Ranger, home of Texas Forestry

Paul_H

Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

beenthere

south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

SwampDonkey

Another foot of snow and more wind and we will be down to one lane here. We are down to 1 lane and a half now. :D  This stuff ain't budged a bit and it's the end of March.  :o
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Bro. Noble

Well,  Marcel,  I don't do pictures,  but you probably would rather see (and smell)  your snow than to experience spring in a dairy barn with a bunch of stoopid cows :(
milking and logging and sawing and milking

Norm

Paul thank you for the morning chuckle. :D

Does that mean they are eating fresh green pasture Noble?

isawlogs

Noble , I was raised on a cow/calf farm . I know too well that spring nose catcher . It was after I left, that keeping the stoopid cows outside came to be ..... We never did get the auto clean track in that barn , Dad had the auto wheel barrow ......... me .... :-\

Semi my gauge aint wrong or broke , but you can bet your ______   ;D That you will not find my _____  ;D  outside if that " gauge " is anywhere near either end of its spectrum .  ;)

Marcel

thecfarm

You had a heat wave Marcel.  ;D We had a warm night last night,above freezing.The other night it was down to 8°F.Keeps the black flies down.I probaly still have a good 2 feet of snow in the woods,might be a foot in the fields.The snow backens are really taking a beating.Things are melting slow and looks just about the same all week too.Good for no flooding.We had a 100 year flood in 1987,but happen back in 1936 too.Don't need that again.No above freezing temps for 24 hours.Now if the wind would stay down for the people doing sap it will really run.
Model 6020-20hp Manual Thomas bandsaw,TC40A 4wd 40 hp New Holland tractor, 450 Norse Winch, Heatmor 400 OWB,YCC 1978-79

isawlogs

Here the temp is just hoovering below freezing with snow coming down  :-\ again  :'(

It would be nice to have no rain precipitation for a few weeks . I went out yesterday to cut two small saplings that I need for a project and I still have over three feet of snow in the bush .... Took longer to shovel out a place for the saw then to cut and drag the wood out  ::)

Thanks Paul ... I owe you one . !!!!! :D :D :D  How the melt down around there . Much snow left over there Paul ???  I can ship have some to spare if ya find a need for it .

Marcel

rbhunter

My gauge never got that cold this year and the guys at work were complaining it was cold.
"Said the robin to the sparrow, I wonder why it must be, these anxious human beings rush around and worry so?"
"Said the sparrow to the robin, Friend I think it must be, they have no heavenly father, such as cares for you and me."
author unknown. Used to hang above parents fireplace.

Paul_H

Marcel,

the yard is pretty well bare now except for a patch here and there and the piles leftover from plowing during the Winter.As I type,it is mixed Snow and rain that's falling outside but I'm not worried ::)
Science isn't meant to be trusted it's to be tested

bugmeist

isaw,

'round here we know there can be a big difference between 'the first day of Spring' and the first Spring Day!javascript:void(0);
Ya dats a good one! 

Were were -20c (nighttime low) for the 1st 4 days of "Spring"
100 acres, Lucas 618, Universal Tractor w/loader, chainsaws, cant hooks and not enough time to play!
Fear is temporary...regret is forever.   www.bugshirt.com

SwampDonkey

It's 40 F here today, we had an inch last night of snow. We had some recent showers and now the sun is shining. Now if we can get 40 + and some rainy days, I know we can move this stuff. ;D
"No amount of belief makes something a fact." James Randi

1 Thessalonians 5:21

2020 Polaris Ranger 570 to forward firewood, Husqvarna 555 XT Pro, Stihl FS560 clearing saw and continuously thinning my ground, on the side. Grow them trees. (((o)))

Jeff

when I get a few, maybe later tonight, I'll post some spring photos from up by our property I took yesterday and this morning. I road up with Pete to check on the cabin yesterday, and bck home today.

Here's one...

Just call me the midget doctor.
Forestry Forum Founder and Chief Cook and Bottle Washer.

Commercial circle sawmill sawyer in a past life for 25yrs.
Ezekiel 22:30

beenthere

Can't tell for sure (a bit of glare), but looks like Big Foot to me.... ;D ;D
south central Wisconsin
It may be that my sole purpose in life is simply to serve as a warning to others

Thank You Sponsors!