iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

we got lost and ended up at Farons

Started by Part_Timer, May 26, 2008, 09:13:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Part_Timer

Ok not lost but LATE 2 hours late to be exact.

We drove down yesterday and picked up our "q" sawn sycamore flooring.  It is about the best looking flooring I've ever seen.  8)

Faron's is one of my favorite places.  We planed some wood, ate lunch, shot rifles, visited, told stories, looked at livestock, visited some more, met more people than I can remember, met forum member "Faron's kid" and her kids, and drove home. Not in that order but close enough.

I can't think of a better way to spend a Sunday afternoon, and we got our flooring to boot. 8) 8) 8) 8). 
Peterson 8" ATS.
The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.

semologger

Add a couple of beers. That makes it a little better. Mabye ill make it up there one day.

Faron

We truly enjoyed the Part-timer family's visit.  The pictures and stories from his Africa visit are great.  It is pretty easy to see how profoundly Part-Timer's perspective has been affected by the trip.  I think my four year old granddaughter wanted to adopt Taylor and take her home!  ;D Zac showed himself to be more than a competent shot with my .500 S&W dinosaur rifle. 8)  :D  Thanks, friends!

Semologger,  Stop by any time you get the chance.  You'll have to settle for root beer, , but we might be able to scare up an apple pie. ;)

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Part_Timer

apple pie and dinosaur rifles, what could be better than that.

Hay faron Zac and Taylor hauled all the flooring up to the new addition today and it will set for a month or two and down it goes. 

I'll try to get some pics on here of it.
Peterson 8" ATS.

Faron

Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.  Liberty is a well armed lamb contesting the vote. - Ben Franklin

Warbird

Sounds like you guys had a great time!  Sure am looking forward to getting to visit with FF members someday.

Do you have example pictures of that type of wood floor?  Is it a floating type of floor? We will be putting down ~750 sq ft of flooring in a few months.  Needs to be a floating type of floor, due to the shifting of the house.

Part_Timer

Warbird, this is the staple down type.  I'll try to post some pics this evening.  You wouldn't believe that it all came from the same tree.  Some is pure white, some tan, some is blue and yellow with the sycamore spots.  Zac and Taylor were sorting it as it went upstairs.  Taylor wants the tan and white, Zac wants the spots.  Looks like it might just work out.  I have a lot of dry walling to do first.  I hate drywalling :(
Peterson 8" ATS.

Warbird

pics would be awesome!  About drywalling...  I hear you.  I have 2 more walls to get done, then a whole lot of taping and mudding.  :(

asy

I wish I could get lost and end up at Farons :(

Part Timer, you sure are lucky...

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Faron

Asy, I hope to get lost some day and end up in Australia at Asy's. 8)

asy

You just say when and I'll have the kettle on.   8) 8) 8)

I'll throw some skippy in the oven for ya too.

asy :D
Never interrupt your opponent while he's making a mistake.
There cannot be a crisis next week. ~My schedule is already full..

Thank You Sponsors!