iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

What kind of mix - master do you like?

Started by Sprucegum, November 24, 2008, 11:49:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sprucegum

My Mother had a Bosh that she used for 20 years, then she gave it to my wife and she used it for 20 years. Suddenly the motor is getting tired and sounds like it wants to just quit  :(  :o  :(
Dear Wife really needs one for mixing bread dough and I really need that home-made bread.  ;)  So - which machine has a good dough mixing capability? Is Bosh still in the running after 40 years? Is anyone better?

fstedy

KItchen Aid is the best in my opinion.  I've had one for about 40 years with a lot of tough use and it kneads bread great. Lots of great atatchments also.
Timberking B-20   Retired and enjoying every minute of it.
Former occupations Electrical Lineman, Airline Pilot, Owner operator of Machine Shop, Slot Machine Technician and Sawmill Operator.
I know its a long story!!!

Sprucegum

I bought a Cuisnart yesterday - time will tell I guess  ???

zopi

I hear the cuisinarts aren't bad...we have one of the big honkin' kitchenaids...don't get the one where the head tilts up...they suck..and will not knead dough.

Viking has some nice looking stuff...but my next mixer will be a Hobart countertop model...unless woodmizer starts making a breadmizer....
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

tyb525

LT10G10, Stihl 038 Magnum, many woodworking tools. Currently a farm service applicator, trying to find time to saw!

CLL

Agree with fstedy, my wife has a Kitchen Aide, will do anything. They are a little expensive to start, but if you figure 20 years on them, its cheap in the long run. You can get meat grinders, bread makers and everything as acessories.
Too much work-not enough pay.

zopi

We have the accessories for the kitchenaide..strainer, grater, meat grinder, and pasta roller..

For light use they are ok..the pasta roller rocks...We make alot of tomato sauce and the strainer just isn't big, or fast enough...gonna get a squeezo for that..bought a stand alone meat grinder too..15lbs of sausage up in a flash.
Got Wood?
LT-15G GO chassis added.
WM sharpener and setter
And lots of junk.

Tom

I think I'm more fond of an Auburn over a Blonde.   I've had both and they both lasted 20 years.  The first one, the blonde, began to come apart after about a year and a half but made it to twenty before falling completely apart.  I spent a lot of money on that one and it still didn't work very good.  The second has lasted 20 years and is still going.  While a bit expensive, I've not had to spend nearly as much and am well pleased. :)

Norm

Well I can't really tell you what color as I haven't seen the true color in years but I've had mine for 32 years and she works as well as the day I got her. ;D

I like the flip up model over the crank model but I still wish they had a design like my old oster did. Pouring anything in the bowl while mixing is a pain. Maybe if I'm really good I'll get a Hobart but since the one I have now still works fine maybe not for a few years.

olyman

kitchen aid k5--not the 45--bowl cranks down with a handle--the 45 bowl spins tight at the bottom----can get parts nearly forever---kinda like milwaukee in tools---

VT

Quote from: Sprucegum on November 24, 2008, 11:49:36 PM
My Mother had a Bosh that she used for 20 years,

Bosch Maybe ?? if so , get  some brushes or parts and see if you can repair the unit.  In my world i would always repair any good quality Bosh / Bosch tool.

VT

Thank You Sponsors!