iDRY Vacuum Kilns

Sponsors:

Time to place an ad

Started by biziedizie, July 25, 2003, 05:42:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

biziedizie

So I've been thinking about advertising to get the word out that I'm alive and kicking. 8) I need to think of a good ad that will get responses from the guy that builds a fence to everyone else in general.
  As I'm new to this business I need some input from you guys that have advertised and have gotten responses.
  I want people to know what I do and that it's cheaper to come to me then go to the lumber store.
  I also want it to be known that I will take trees for free but yet I will buy them as well. I think it would be good to advertise that I can cut to any dimensions.
 I need to get this all on about three lines and I can't think of a way to do this.
 Anyone have any ideas??? Anything else that I should be thinking about??? Can anyone post the ads that they have in the paper???

Thanks!

Steve

SawInIt CA

I run alot of classifieds. They work well for me. Better for the portable milling than lumber sales though. ???

biziedizie

Yeah I've been thinking about getting some wheels cause I know that might be better but the thing is that the mill that I got is a Norwood and it's set up on the farm in a way that I can skid and load logs easier.  I think I would break my back to try to load logs day in and day out if I was mobile but it just might have to happen.
  I want people to know who I am and what I can do and as far as the logs getting to me I can pick them up.
  My theory is that if the lumber is cut here then it doesn't leave till it's paid for.

Steve

biziedizie

Oh yeah SawInIt CA how do your ads read???

Do you advertise in the paper or the phone book???

Steve

EZ

To put in your add, will take trees free, wood maybe some kinda cheap, or people might think to them selfs like, this guy wants some thing for nothing. If you know what I mean. I think once you get the word out that you mill, then by the word of the mouth you could get some free trees. Just my thought.  ;D
EZ

biziedizie

Thanks EZ :) I guess that would kinda make me look cheap :D :D

Steve

Captain

Hey Biz,

I've got a yellow page advertisement.  This is the first year that it has been in, and it is time to renew.  Due to space limitations, it reads:

MAJESTY STABLES
Portable Milling and Lumber
43 Barrows Nrtn       508-285-5475

I'm thinking about adding log removal, but I have folks calling for it anyhow.  The ad has definately paid for itself, and it does keep the phone ringing.  Often for services that I do not have, mouldings, flooring, wainscotting, drying, etc.  So.... the next steps are a kiln a better planer and a shaper.  The main reason that I went with the yellow page advertisement is that I am new to the area and do not know many people to start the "word of mouth" train.

shopteacher

Biz, I think you should go with the HOOTERS theme. 8) It sure draws in a lot of customers for them. :D :D :D
Proud owner of a LT40HDSE25, Corley Circle mill, JD 450C, JD 8875, MF 1240E
Tilt Bed Truck  and well equipted wood shop.

biziedizie

What's the Hooters theme??? ::) ::)

I don't have a t.v so I have nooooo idea what the theme is about. :D

Steve

SawInIt CA

I run several different ads but here is an all in one that works well:

Got Wood? We Do!
Cedar siding, Doug-Fir beams, Sugar Pine and Claro Walnut.
Ask about our portable bandmill service
Logs to Lumber
Baxter CA
Toll Free 877 805 5262

rebocardo

Tree removal usually only a little bit $.
If we can make some boards of it,
we may even pay YOU a bit $.

Thank You Sponsors!